Date Posted: February 12, 2024
We are seeking a self-starting individual with a strong attention to detail and passion for problem solving. You can work independently under minimal supervision to complete recurring monthly tasks with consistent quality and accuracy on a timely basis. This includes compiling, analyzing, and reconciling financial accounts and records, while resolving discrepancies and improving internal processes as needed. You have excellent accountability and sense of responsibility in your work.
- Perform monthly reconciliations of balance sheet accounts (Complex AR, Accrued Liabilities, Deferred Revenue, etc.)
- Calculate accruals and allocations and post journal entries and subledger activities from source systems
- Support the month end close process by compiling financial data from the accounting system to facilitate variance analysis on financial statements
- Prepare various reconciliation and analysis reports using excel for review with management
- Pull data from source systems, post entries, issue invoices and follow up on unpaid balances
- Support fixed asset module processing, including running depreciation routines, capital asset analysis and the preparation of year end audit working papers, such as continuity schedules
- Assign and set up new general ledger accounts as required
- Prepare, reconcile and file HST rebates
- Assist with year-end audit activities
- Actively participate in various Finance continuous improvement projects, including accounting systems conversion and implementation
- Attend scheduled and ad-hoc meetings as required
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and other duties as assigned
- Post-secondary Degree/Diploma in Accounting or related field
- 3+ years of related accounting experience, preparing meaningful analysis
- Progressive knowledge of accounting principles in a computerized accounting environment is required
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel, strong data manipulation skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with keen attention to details and accuracy, and a focus on creative resolution and continuous improvement
- Ability to prioritize job responsibilities, multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced changing environment
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to understand and carry out assigned tasks independently and collaboratively with minimal supervision
- Experience using Microsoft Great Plains, or other ERP systems such as Workday, Oracle, or MS Dynamics
- Highly motivated to continually strive for excellent results including on-going improvements to work processes
- Ability to adapt and adjust quickly to changing circumstances in the workplace
- This role is a hybrid position working 5 days/week from home but required to attend at the Markham head office on an ad hoc basis.
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We are an inclusive workplace offering competitive salary, group benefits, RRSP pension, and work life balance. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
In the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose.
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.