Date Posted: January 17, 2023
We are looking for a Business Intelligence Analyst to join a team of passionate and driven individuals who help equip business with insights and data to make a difference in the community.
Do you enjoy storytelling with data? Are you passionate about Data Science and Machine Learning? This is a new role within the data team who is involved in BI strategy formulation, stakeholder engagement and data communication/data storytelling. The incumbent will be a hands-on analyst who is involved with end-to-end delivery of BI products. The successful candidate will liaison with the business to build strong knowledge of the business operations and help understand and capture business requirements. They will then champion these requirements and collaborate closely with technical teams to realize it into dashboards, reports, KPIs and alerts. To achieve this, the incumbent will facilitate and lead information gathering sessions, create formal documentation, and build presentation of insights with business. The successful candidate will need to be adept in creating stunning data visualizations and be comfortable with reading and modifying SQL queries. Finally, the individual will collaborate with department managers to create and maintain BI and data strategies, as well as to provide training to other teams. There is also an optional data science and machine learning component where the incumbent is sometimes provided opportunities to apply their statistical or ML expertise to different scenarios as business need arises.
This role is classified as hybrid where you would be primarily working remote, but may be asked to come into our head office in Markham as needed.
Requirements Gathering, Analysis and Documentation
- Work with business to understand requirements and turn them into user stories / formal specification documents – become the owner of the business requirements from the BI team perspective
- Develop deep knowledge about business processes and their data and analytics needs
- Formal documentation of workflows using standardized specifications
- Go beyond the obvious to identify Intelligence related data insights requirements and use cases
- Storytelling with data: create articulate and visually appealing visuals using BI tools including MicroStrategy, MS BI Stack, etc.
- Collaborate closely with BI developers to develop dashboards, reports and present key insights to stakeholders
- Assist multiple projects in evaluating, validating, and capturing data / analytics needs
- Be a BI strategist: assist with creation and adherence to BI strategies
- As needed/required, utilize tools such as SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, MicroStrategy, Power BI
Support Stakeholders and BI Users
- Be proactive in helping team to improve in how intelligence related services are being delivered
- Support business user community – be the BI contact person when it comes to training
- Assist in creation of training material for business and power users as required
- Learn the BI tool and train others in business to help drive self-serve dashboard approach in organization
- Conduct QA activities such as data validation, creating test cases and testing as required
- Create SQL queries to conduct data quality and data validation tasks and to automate testing
- Assist in development of the test plan and execution
- Verify that data quality is maintained; take initiatives to highlight issues and help resolve them based on industry best practices, continuously improve the user experience, and conduct research in recent trends and data science concepts.
Data Science / Machine Learning
- From time to time, apply advanced statistical or machine learning methods to operational or business problems.
- As needed, propose and implement predictive analytics via Python or R
- College degree, Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Information Systems, Business Management, Computer Science/Software Engineering, Research Methods, Health Informatics, or specialized training / certification
- 2+ years of experience in the analytics / data related business analysis area
- Proven and established track-record of creating stunning data visualizations. This is a key factor in selecting the candidate.
- Healthcare experience is considered a strong plus
- Strongly recommended that you bring with you a portfolio of past data visualization work
- Good understanding of data management, analytics and business intelligence concepts
- Working understanding of reporting / business intelligence tools
- Knowledge / practical experience in SQL, data mining, data warehouse (T-SQL is preferred)
- Understanding of RDBM concepts and data analytics
- QA/data validation experience via SQL – preferably using scripts
- Knowledge of diagramming tools is considered an asset
- Understanding of ML/AI concepts is considered a strong asset
- Understanding of Python is considered a strong asset
- Expertise in advanced statistics is considered a strong asset
- Self-motivated, ability to take direction and work independently
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and produce quality work outputs
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose.
Saint Elizabeth is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact the Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.
Please apply online email@example.com