Date Posted: October 31, 2022
Make an Impact on Seniors Health!
SE Health Care Aides are the best of the best. We provide care and independence to our residents, using a client- and family-centered approach that incorporates the most current research into practice. When you choose to join SE Health, you become part of a diverse and collaborative care team where you’ll apply your skills – and your heart – to provide services that support our residents to live and age well. You’ll make a difference in their lives, and they’ll make a difference in yours! This position would be for our facility in Wetaskiwin with Sagebrush Optima Living at 5901 51 ST, Wetaskiwin, AB, T9A 1Y4: https://sagebrushseniors.ca/
The Care Aide (CA) is a member of the Care Team, working under the supervision of the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN). The CA is responsible for performing and assisting in direct and indirect resident care and activities. These duties are carried out utilizing SEHC policies and procedures as well as skills and training acquired through in-service education. The CA is flexible to adapt to the needs of the residents and able to function effectively in a dynamic and ever-changing health care environment.
There are many reasons why you will want to bring your talent to our team:
- Competitive Compensation. Our Total Rewards package includes a competitive salary, group benefits, RRSP pension, and exclusive perks/discounts available only to SE Health staff
- Develop yourself with SE. We have education bursaries, Tuition Assistance Programs, continuing education, training, and professional development to support your life-long learning
- Grow your career. SE health is a large national organization with diverse healthcare business lines. You’ll have an opportunity – and will be supported – to do different types of patient-facing nursing roles in different locations if that is what you’re interested in. Or you can pivot to supporting or leadership positions where you use your nursing skills as a foundation to contribute and make an impact in different ways.
- Provide excellent customer service and support to Residents including meal service, light housekeeping, laundry, making beds, snack/refreshment service, portering and visiting with Residents where applicable.
- Report changes in Resident conditions as well as any other pertinent information to the LPN in a timely manner.
- Ensure resident services are delivered in a way that acknowledges Resident choice, dignity, privacy, independence, spirituality, and individuality inclusive of a home-like environment.
- Provide quality service according to Saint Elizabeth policies & procedures.
- To assist with and actively participate in special occasions and theme events.
- To follow and comply with health and safety legislation and safe job procedures.
- To attend staff meetings and in-service training as required in order to better serve the needs of the Residents.
- To work in a position of trust with vulnerable adults (Residents).
- To uphold and promote the SEHC’s values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in SEHC’s Code of Conduct.
- To complete other duties as assigned.
- Enrolled in a recognized Health Care Aide program at hire & completed a minimum of one practicum
- First Aid & CPR level C
- GED or Grade 10 English equivalency
- Recent experience working with elderly or disabled persons, preferably in a supportive living
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to read, write, and fluently speak English
- Health and physical condition with constant bending, standing, walking, and lifting up to 25 kg.
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose.
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.
Please apply online email@example.com