Date Posted: November 05, 2021
The Care Aide (CA) is a member of the Care Team, working under the supervision of the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN). The CA is responsible for performing and assisting in direct and indirect resident care and activities. These duties are carried out utilizing SEHC policies and procedures as well as skills and training acquired through in-service education. The CA is flexible to adapt to the needs of the residents and able to function effectively in a dynamic and ever-changing health care environment.
- Provide excellent customer service and support to Residents including meal service, light housekeeping, laundry, making beds, snack/refreshment service, portering and visiting with Residents where applicable.
- Report changes in Resident conditions as well as any other pertinent information to the LPN in a timely manner.
- Ensure resident services are delivered in a way that acknowledges Resident choice, dignity, privacy, independence, spirituality, and individuality inclusive of a home-like environment.
- Provide quality service according to Saint Elizabeth policies & procedures.
- To assist with and actively participate in special occasions and theme events.
- To follow and comply with health and safety legislation and safe job procedures.
- To attend staff meetings and in-service training as required in order to better serve the needs of the Residents.
- To work in a position of trust with vulnerable adults (Residents).
- To uphold and promote the SEHC’s values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in SEHC’s Code of Conduct.
- To complete other duties as assigned.
- Enrolled in a recognized Health Care Aide program at hire or within 6 months of employment
- GED or Grade 10 English equivalency
- Recent experience working with elderly or disabled persons, preferably in a supportive living
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to read, write, and fluently speak English
- Health and physical condition with constant bending, standing, walking, and lifting up to 25 kg.
About SE Health
SE Health is a not-for-profit social enterprise that shares its knowledge, provides the best care, and helps each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. Established in 1908 by four pioneering nurses, we have worked with purpose for more than a century to bring hope and happiness, and forever impact how people live and age at home. Today, our 8,000+ team members nationwide provide care in more places and ways than ever before, bringing health to life for over 20,000 Canadians every day. SE Health is honoured to be a three-time recipient of the Canada Order of Excellence and one of Forbes’ Best Employers for 2020.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose.
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.
Please apply online SofiaLi@sehc.com