Date Posted: November 24, 2022
The Clinical Business Analyst will work collaborative to (1) design services that create better experiences for our employees, clients, and their families’, (2) develop and/or curate the digital tools (e.g., EHR/CRM), processes, and roles/responsibilities to enable these services, and (3) drive the adoption of these operationally.
To this end, you will be part of a large scale, multi-year program to redesign SE Health’s homecare service. This end-to-end service redesign will be guided by new and emerging models of care that are client-centric and enabled by digital, and will be co-designed with our employees, clients, and their families. This transformation returns the focus of homecare to client experience and health outcomes, by designing an inherently digital service that allow our 6000+ care providers to deliver holistic and integrated care more easily to our more than 1.2 million clients annually.
You will support activities within the Care Provider Experience workstream of the service redesign program to further the priorities of the Clinical Practice portfolio. These priorities include designing clinical workflows that leverage EHR functionality, forms and data, and enable interprofessional and patient centric models of care to optimize clinical outcomes, quality, risk, and compliance.
This is a hybrid role and would require travel to our Markham office on an as needed basis.
Activity A: Analyze and Design New Services
- Work collaboratively with different functional areas and/or inter-professional staff throughout the current state analysis and design stage
- Analyze and evaluate processes, people, and tools to understand current service problems, opportunities, and context
- Elicit and articulate from a wide range of stakeholders (including clinical, operational, and technical) the intended outcomes of the service
- Use people-centered and service design practices to assist facilitation of workshops with multidisciplinary groups to identify how best to organize people, process and digital tools to directly improve the employee’s experience, and indirectly, our client’s experience
- Map detailed processes to help stakeholder define digital tool capabilities, clinical requirements, data requirements and flow, and new roles and responsibilities
Activity B: Develop Service Components
- Create, and elicit input on standard artifacts to capture requirements for digital tools including, mockups flow charts, functional diagrams and descriptions, user stories, capability maps, and data flows
- Prepare artifacts on workflows, process maps, policy and procedures, and standard operative procedures to codify future processes and roles and responsibilities
- Develop, and elicit inputs on clinical forms and assessments
- Perform quality assurance on newly created digital tools, including test cases, acceptance criteria and scenarios required to validate requirements
- Conduct meetings and presentations to share requirements and application designs
Activity C: Drive Adoption of New Service
- Work collaboratively with different functional areas and/or inter-professional to prepare, equip and support employees to thrive through changes
- Provide training and advice on new / improved processes, deployment of new technologies and applications in support of operational processes
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of the specific workstream, related system’s functionality and configuration to aid in current state analysis and subsequent design/development of service components
- Degree in Business / Clinical Informatics / Health Sciences with supplemental business education is preferred (equivalent experience will be considered)
- Minimum 3 years’ of Business Analysis experience
- Home-care agency relevant experience / clinical information system with documentation / experience with care-provider in home-care setting preferred
- Strong facilitation skills to elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, task, and workflow analysis
- Experience in information systems and technology solution training and implementation with clinical and business users
- Excellent communication, business analysis, problem solving, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Experience in joint application design sessions with build team or external vendor to develop solutions
- Strong communication, facilitation, and conflict management skills are required
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement continuous improvements in business processes is required
- A strong teamwork orientation and the ability to work with cross functional teams and all management levels is required
- Travel Requirements: Ability to travel between local sites per project go-live and some domestic locations, if necessary.
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact the Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.