Date Posted: September 15, 2021
Reporting to the Vice President, Clinical Practice, Quality & Senior’s Health, the successful candidate provides leadership in the implementation of a robust quality, client safety and risk management program across SE Health operated senior’s living facilities in Alberta. The Clinical Director fosters a culture of continuous quality improvement and excellence by working with partners to develop and enhance systems and processes that embed dimensions of quality across the portfolio. A strong focus on leading practices, standards, client-centeredness, and safety is paramount to support Senior’s Health portfolio’s strategic priorities and align with the overall vision and mission of the organization.
Through your passion for delivering best in class resident care, you will establish an environment for staff that empowers them to act within the highest caliber of professional and ethical conduct, with patient safety at the forefront. Your proven leadership and experience in developing a culture of continuous improvement by leading by example will be pivotal to your success in this role.
- Responsible for continuous quality improvement of safe quality resident care and resident experience, adopting the quadruple aim of quality framework and leading practices for measurable results.
- Leads the execution of Quality, Risk and Performance framework within the Alberta Senior’s Health portfolio.
- Leads Accreditation preparation for the Alberta Senior’s Health portfolio.
- Leads development of site level management teams in quality improvement and enhancing performance driven culture.
- Works in partnership with the Regional Director, the Advanced Practice Leader, Analytics and Decision Support Leader, and the site leadership teams to drive a culture of quality improvement and client safety.
- Accountable for the preparation and presentation of quarterly quality and safety material for review with the Senior Vice President, and with external funders and partners.
- Leads partnership management with Covenant Care and Optima Living, and other future potential partners.
- Contributes to the development and execution of the SE Health’s Model of Care for Older Adults.
- Supports the Vice President and Regional Director in strategic dialogue with internal and external partners and stakeholders to drive ideas and strategies for advancing collective quality practices and outcomes.
- Contributes to business development activities.
- Models leadership attitudes and behaviors consistent with SE Health values, including a relentless focus on person-centered care, excellence, accountability, collaboration, equity, and innovation
- A registered nurse leader holding a current professional license, in good standing, to practice in Alberta.
- Master’s Degree with a focus on Health Sciences, Health or Business Administration, or related field.
- Minimum five (5) to eight (8) years related experience in quality and risk management programs and methodologies in a healthcare environment with three (3) to five (5) years in a formal leadership, policy development, or project leadership role.
- Solid knowledge of quality, risk and improvement methodologies including process mapping, statistical analysis, ERM practices, measurement and tools, and knowledge of applicable legislation.
- Project Management designation, LEAN certification or equivalent experience an asset
- Experience in developing and executing both short and long term quality improvement strategies with proven ability to scope, plan, execute and track complex projects in a health care environment
- Understanding and experience with client experience design methodologies
- Exceptional ability to nurture positive, professional relationships with different stakeholders (internally and external)
- Solid understanding of leadership principles and change management in complex environments
- Knowledge of service delivery models used in seniors living, including the roles of health care professionals
- Demonstrated exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexible, adaptable, and responsive to change
- Self-directed with an ability to organize, plan, prioritize, and multi-task and think both analytically and critically with attention to detail
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to inspire people in spreading “Hope and Happiness"
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, utilizing tact and diplomacy
About SE Health
SE Health is a not-for-profit social enterprise that shares its knowledge, provides the best care, and helps each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. Established in 1908 by four pioneering nurses, we have worked with purpose for more than a century to bring hope and happiness, and forever impact how people live and age at home. Today, our 8,000+ team members nationwide provide care in more places and ways than ever before, bringing health to life for over 20,000 Canadians every day. SE Health is honoured to be a three-time recipient of the Canada Order of Excellence and one of Forbes’ Best Employers for 2020.
Saint Elizabeth is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at email@example.com at your earliest convenience.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by October 30, 2021. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose
Please apply online firstname.lastname@example.org