Date Posted: April 29, 2022
Oversees shift program management and supports frontline staffing issues and concerns. In addition, coaching their teams to meet or exceed all performance and quality safety metrics.
At SE, we love what we do. Our mission is to bring hope and happiness, and we treat each person – staff and patients – with dignity and love, like our own families. We are a not-for-profit social enterprise that shares its knowledge, provides the best care, and helps each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
- Full Time opportunities available - Hours of operation 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Must reside in Ontario
There are many reasons why you will want to bring your talent to our team:
- Work from home. This position is virtual, so you’ll be able to practice to scope from your own home
- Competitive Compensation. Our Total Rewards package includes a competitive salary, group benefits, RRSP pension, and exclusive perks/discounts available only to SE Health staff
- Develop yourself with SE. We have education bursaries, Tuition Assistance Programs, continuing education, training, and professional development to support your life-long learning
- Grow your career. SE health is a large national organization with diverse healthcare business lines. You’ll have an opportunity – and will be supported – to do different types of patient-facing nursing roles in different locations if that is what you’re interested in. Or you can pivot to supporting or leadership positions where you use your nursing skills as a foundation to contribute and make an impact in different ways.
- Subsidized RNAO memberships.
- Promote a positive workplace evnironment that balance the needs of the operation and the needs of the staff.
- Monitoring employee’s performance and attendance against company standards; providing coaching/direction, documenting meetings and applying progressive discipline in accordance with company policy as required. Setting professional development goals.
Supporting Frontline RNs: ( 30% of time)
- Providing clinical guidance and support to ensure patient safety and privacy
- Providing technical support to ensure business continuity
- Ensuring the needs of the caller/patient are met in a timely and efficient manner
Registered Staff Development (30% of time)
- Monitor and manage their assigned teams including such call centre metrics such as adherence, attendance, productivity metrics and relevant program metrics, as well as quality.
- Monitor and identify areas of strength and improvement for individual staff members standards on a monthly and as needed basis
- Develop action plans and SMART goals in collaboration with the nurse based on Quality results and overall performance metrics
- Administer progress discipline processes as indicated
- Develop and deliver Probationary, Quarterly and Annual reviews
Ensure Patient/Caller Satisfaction: (10 % of time)
- Investigate public feedback to improve overall quality of program. Seeking opportunities to develop staff based on submitted feedback and/or reduce unnecessary risk.
- Reduces clinical risk by reviewing calls/chats in queue and ensuring highest acuity calls are taken in priority sequence.
Promote an Environment That Supports A Virtual Work Environment: (20 % of time)
- Emphasizes effective communication with teams through appropriate communication platforms (Meetings, Calls, Teams, Chats)
- Implement and encourage the use of effective CNO (College of Nurses) communication practice standards
- Establishes work relationships based on trust, openness, transparency and clear objection setting
Commitment to Ongoing Professional Development and Learning (10% of time)
- Learning needs assessment conducted during annual review with SMART goals for self-development and skills learning.
- Maintains industry knowledge on best practices for telephone triage including digital health and omni-channel health care delivery.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature of work performed and the level of knowledge and skills typically required. It does not contain nor should it be interpreted as, a comprehensive listing of all responsibilities that may be required by employees in this position.
- Registered Nurse in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO)
- 3 years clinical nursing experience as a Teletriage nurse
- Experience with team supervision and or management experience
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
The SE Health Staffing Solutions team provides temporary replacement staff to supplement the needs of hospitals requiring qualified short-term or long-term medical relief staff. We are a full-service medical staffing relief agency providing service across the GTA and GTHA.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose.
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.
Please apply online email@example.com