Date Posted: March 04, 2023
We are looking for an enthusiastic team player experienced in internal communications, employee engagement, media relations, and social media. The Communication Manager will be responsible for leading SE Health’s internal communication strategy for a key, multi-year, enterprise-wide initiative. They also will be leading public relations and media relations for this initiative. The successful candidate for this position is a dynamic “people person” with great leadership, project management, change management, and communication skills. This role reports into the VP of Marketing and Communications and will also work closely with the project team led by the VP, Digital Experience & Enablement.
- Strategize, develop, and implement an organization-wide communication plan for this enterprise-wide initiative.
- Develop comprehensive and engaging content related to this strategic initiative (e.g., presentations, newsletters, emails, videos, etc.), ensuring all SE staff are informed
- Leverage best-practice in change management communication.
- Work closely with leaders across the organization to ensure our internal communication activities are engaging, true to our WHY, and provide measurable results.
- Play a leading role in managing and developing communications for our Employee Intranet, working with other members of the Marketing and Communications team to create and maintain a highly successful internal communication platform.
- Lead collaboration sessions with various teams to ensure cross-functional engagement and understanding.
Media Relations and Social Media
- Look for opportunities to obtain earned media for this enterprise initiative.
- Build relationships with industry professionals, and key stakeholders.
- Amplify initiatives to boost brand awareness.
- Work closely with department leads to plan and implement social media posts to support SE Health’s business goals.
- Create engaging text, image and video content for social media accounts, and other communication platforms
HOPE & HAPPINESS PURPOSE:
- Play a leadership role in delivering projects to grow and share our organization’s WHY – To Bring Hope and Happiness, both internally and externally
- Strong foundation of knowledge and experience in internal communications, PR/media relations, social media, marketing, and brand management practices
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Understanding of best practice for change management communication
- Experience in leading and influencing others, maintaining a positive and collaborative team environment
- Knowledge of online marketing and marketing channels
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Ability to target writing tone/style to a variety of different audiences
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and manage changing priorities
- 5 to 7 years of experience in communications, PR/media relations and social media
- 2 or more years of experience in a leadership role
- Degree in Digital Communication, Corporate Communication, Public Relations, Communication and Culture or similar
- Experience and/or knowledge in health care would be an asset
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com at your earliest convenience.