Date Posted: February 26, 2019
SE Health (Elizz) is currently accepting applications for casual Community Health Worker II positions. An increase in service hours presents a great work opportunity for individuals who live in Victoria.
Provides home support services to clients such as assisting with activities of daily living, performing delegated tasks for which transfer of function training has been completed, planning and preparing meals, and light housekeeping.
Follow Care Plans and maintain accurate client records utilizing the appropriate documentation
Maintain effective relationships with clients promoting physical and emotional independence
Clear understanding of the accountability and expectations that are associated with transferable skills/delegated tasks
Effectively communicate changes in the client condition to your supervisor, and maintain effective relationships with other team members
Proactively identify, promote and seek to improve client safety as part of your everyday work, and seeks support from the Nurse Supervisor for responding to medical and ethical dilemmas
- Health Care Assistant / Residential Care Aide Certificate. Must be registered with the BC Care Aide registry.
- A current CPR and First Aid Certificate is required.
- A current Criminal and Reference Check
- A working knowledge of assistive aids is required
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal/written) and exercise good judgment is required
- Ability to lift up to 25 kilograms may be required
- Ability to perform lifting and bending when assisting clients may be required
- Ability to use technology for communication is required
- Access to own transportation is required
SE Health (previously Saint Elizabeth Health Care) is a Social Enterprise applying our knowledge, vision and drive to forever impact how people live and age at home. With Canadian roots and 110 years of expertise, SE Health is a not-for-profit charitable organization delivering quality care, innovative solutions and education to people where and when they need it. Through our team of 9,000 Leaders of Impact, we deliver 20,000 care exchanges daily, totaling 50 million in the last decade alone.
Saint Elizabeth is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at your earliest convenience.
Please email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com or call 250-385 0444, Monday – Friday 8.30AM-5PM.
3939 Quadra Street, #202
(250) 385 0444
www.sehc.com & www.elizz.com