Date Posted: November 29, 2023
ARE YOU A HEALTH WORKER? Do you want to join Canada’s largest non-profit home care provider working one-on-one with clients in their home to focus your care and expertise? We are currently seeking Community Health Care Aides
Elizz is an integral part of SE Health, a leading healthcare provider that has been delivering excellence and innovation to Canadians for more than 115 years. If you are a compassionate health care professional looking to provide personalized care to clients with distinct needs in the community then we want you to consider joining the Elizz team. At Elizz, you'll have the chance to collaborate with like-minded individuals who are driven by a shared passion for making positive impacts on lives, healthcare, and society as a whole.
Provides home support services to clients such as assisting with activities of daily living, performing delegated tasks for which transfer of function training has been completed, planning and preparing meals, and light housekeeping.
Why join our team?
- Competitive Compensation. Our Total Rewards package includes a competitive salary starting at $19.00, group benefits, RRSP pension, and exclusive perks/discounts available only to SE Health staff.
- Develop yourself with SE. We have education bursaries, Tuition Assistance Programs, continuing education, training, and professional development to support your life-long learning. You’ll benefit from our orientation and mentorship programs. Our clinical practice and nursing teams will support you with comprehensive care plans and modern models of care that will mean you’ll always be supported to provide the best possible care to your clients.
- Grow your career. SE health is a large national organization with diverse healthcare business lines. You’ll have an opportunity – and will be supported – to do different types of roles in different locations if that is what you’re interested in. Or you can pivot to supporting or leadership positions where you can use your skills to contribute and make an impact in different ways.
- Manage your life. At SE, you’ll have the flexibility to manage your schedule to balance your life. You’ll be supported with the time you need to meet the needs of your clients, meet your own needs, develop yourself and your career, and to be part of a team.
- Paid travel time, between clients
- Mobile device and 3 uniforms provided
Follow Care Plans and maintain accurate client records utilizing the appropriate documentation
- Maintain effective relationships with clients promoting physical and emotional independence
- Clear understanding of the accountability and expectations that are associated with transferable skills/delegated tasks
- Effectively communicate changes in the client condition to your supervisor, and maintain effective relationships with other team members
- Proactively identify, promote and seek to improve client safety as part of your everyday work, and seeks support from the Nurse Supervisor for responding to medical and ethical dilemmas
- Registered with BC Care Aide registry
- Current First Aid (Standard) / CPR Certificate (Level C)
- A valid driver’s license and vehicle.
- Current immunization record including (TB test completed within the past 12 months) is required upon hire
- Current vulnerable sector check screening is required upon hire
- Availability to work days OR evenings; including weekends
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team, with excellent organizational skills to manage your schedule
- Well-developed interpersonal and customer service skills, to effectively communicate with clients and to provide companionship to those who need it
- Effective problem-solving and conflict management skills
- Basic computer/smartphone skills would be an asset.
- This is a physically demanding position and requires hand, arm and shoulder dexterity, sensory ability, lifting to a maximum of approximately fifty-five (55) pounds, walking, climbing stairs, standing, bending, reaching, and frequent movement
About SE Health
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We are an inclusive workplace offering competitive pay, benefits, pension, and work life balance. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
In the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose.
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact the Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com at your earliest convenience.
Please apply online AditiPandya@sehc.com