Date Posted: March 09, 2023
ABOUT BUSINESS TRANSFORMATION:
The Business Transformation team identifies and addresses opportunities for improvement within the Operations portfolio (national scope) and provides support to field, regional, and home office stakeholders. The team specializes in the use of innovation and creativity in making sustainable transformation and change.
If you are a strategic thinker with a strong background in data analytics and a passion for healthcare, we want to hear from you!
As the Decision Support Intern, you will be part of the team leading the growing demand for data-driven insights and enabling our organization to make informed, strategic decisions that will improve quality, performance, and user experience.
You are an analytical problem solver who is also excited at the opportunity to grow organizational data capabilities and increase data literacy. You empower people at all levels with these skills, helping to foster a culture of innovation, collaboration, and creativity.
SE Health is relentlessly focused on developing and deploying new and innovative strategies to help drive the company and its impact in the community forward. These strategies are backed up by strong decision support where future direction is driven by your ability to understand data and communicate key insights.
Join us today and be part of a team that is changing the future of healthcare, one decision at a time!
- Take a lead role in growing organizational data literacy
- Lead and report on the initial assessment of data literacy skills and ‘comfort’ through the organization
- Identify quick wins in addressing data literacy gaps
- Develop a long-term strategy and framework to address data literacy needs throughout the organization
- Coach and mentor staff to read, work with, and communicate data
- Apply adult learning theory to the development of data literacy training content
- Support the growth of organizational data capabilities
- Provide support and guidance to stakeholders on analyzing, using, and actioning data to support requirements and meet goals
- Effectively communicate identified and actionable insights to stakeholders
- Currently enrolled in a university/college program in a related discipline of informatics, analytics, health sciences, social science, engineering, mathematics, or equivalent
- Must be available for a 3-month or 12-week term
- Strong analytical skills and a passion for data-driven problem solving
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills, including the ability to engage stakeholders in various roles (e.g., clinical, non-clinical, front line, senior leadership, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manipulate and analyze data using various applications (e.g., PowerBI, SQL, R, Python, etc.)
- Experience with data visualization
- Exceptional ability to develop learning content that turns ‘the technical’ into something exciting and interesting
- Advanced proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite (i.e., Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, Teams, Outlook, etc.)
- Comfortable working independently while also able to engage with team members and stakeholders during regular touchpoints
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We are an inclusive workplace offering competitive pay, benefits, pension, and work life balance. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact the Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.