Date Posted: September 09, 2021
Reporting to the Regional Director, the Director of Care will oversee and coordinate the operational and administrative management at our Calgary facility. The Director of Care will work with internal and external partners to set direction for the care and service within the facility and will participate in monitoring the operational budget and engage at site level planning. The Director of Care will create a climate of respect and adhere to both SE Health and facility standards.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring that policies and procedures are followed, and that residents receive quality, evidence-based care and services in accordance with Alberta Health Services policies, practices and expectations.
- Identifying staffing requirements, interviewing and recommending the appointment of new staff.
- Overseeing staff scheduling, supporting and coaching employees, and participating in disciplinary action, as necessary.
- Managing clinical supplies and budgets and making recommendations for continuous improvements.
- Planning and implementing programs to meet resident needs.
- Coordinating ongoing clinical education for staff.
- Ensuring a safe environment for residents, staff, family, and visitors.
- Participating in the investigation of Resident/ Family complaints, and Resident and staff incidents, responding verbally and/or in writing to Residents/ Families regarding outcomes of investigations and reporting complaints in accordance with protocols.
- Responsible for the hiring, orientation, development and on-going mentoring of clinical staff in the facility.
- Providing learning and development for the team to ensure they continue to deliver superior care and services to the residents.
- Participating in creating, delivering and maintaining an exceptional quality program.
- Overseeing the development and implementation of quality audits, and reviews outcomes of audits to ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures, Alberta Health Services requirements, and Accreditation requirements.
- Creating an environment that builds on the principles of an integrated team approach.
- Providing a management process based on program management and delegation to staff.
- Overseeing and coordinating the delivery of services and care to residents, advocating wellness, best practice and care that is within AHS and CARNA standards.
- Collaborating with the Director and Supervisor colleagues to meet or exceed benchmarks for operational efficiencies and to assist in the attainment of all required contractual and performance standards.
- Ensuring adherence to SE Standards and contractual standards
- Performing reasonable duties, as assigned
- Minimum of one year of experience in long term care as a registered nurse (RN), and a minimum of 5-7 years of RN experience in a managerial/director level capacity in a health care organization
- Degree in Nursing; Masters preferred.
- Current registration in good standing with the College of Nurses of Alberta (CARNA).
- Excellent communicator, resilient, and flexible to meet the changing priorities of a dynamic team community.
- Ability to actively listen and collaboratively resolve issues.
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to inspire people and think about "Sharing Hope and Happiness".
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, utilizing tact and diplomacy.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and proficient in use of computers.
- Knowledge of clinical point of care documentation applications (preferred).
- Ability to participate in an on-call rotation.
About SE Health
SE Health is a not-for-profit social enterprise that shares its knowledge, provides the best care, and helps each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. Established in 1908 by four pioneering nurses, we have worked with purpose for more than a century to bring hope and happiness, and forever impact how people live and age at home. Today, our 8,000+ team members nationwide provide care in more places and ways than ever before, bringing health to life for over 20,000 Canadians every day. SE Health is honoured to be a three-time recipient of the Canada Order of Excellence and one of Forbes’ Best Employers for 2020.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by October 30, 2021. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at HumanResources@sehc.com at your earliest convenience.
please apply online firstname.lastname@example.org