Date Posted: February 14, 2019
SE Health is currently looking to hire a new, full-time, Disability Management Advisor in Vancouver.
The Disability Management Advisor develops, implements and monitors case management plans to support employees to remain at or return to work as soon as safely possible following an injury. Reporting to the Manager, Human Resources and Labour Relations, the DM Advisor facilitates the Enhanced Disability Management Program (EDMP) and ensures adherence to WCB reporting.
- Coordinates disability case management of ill and injured employees.
- Maintains a high level of support for employees participating in EDMP through frequent communication with the employee, collaborating with care providers, monitoring the progress of the employee, and communicating with managers and union representatives.
- Completes and submits Form 7 incident/injury reports to WCB
- Works directly with WCB case managers/union EDMP Representatives/treatment providers/employee on the development of timely return to work plans.
- Assesses employee fitness for work based on bona fide medical and functional information.
- Works closely with area leadership in the development of a Return to Work plan.
- Monitors the progress of the Return to Work Plan and follow up with non-compliance/potential barriers for a successful return to work.
- Maintains accurate records and the employee’s health file as it relates to disability management, including filing of confidential medical documentation.
- Works with the Manager, Clinical Services and local management in the development of preventative strategies.
- Provides input to the planning, development, implementation, maintenance and evaluation of health, safety and wellness initiatives.
- All other reasonable duties as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree in a health science discipline such as Kinesiology, Physiotherapy, Registered Nurse or equivalent education and training related to disability management and occupational health
- Certificate or diploma in Disability Management an asset.
- Minimum 2 years’ recent, related, occupational health experience with a focus on Disability management preferred.
- Familiarity with all government legislation/principles concerning Health and Safety.
- Strong working knowledge of relevant legislation, e.g. Human Rights Code, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Provincial Workers Safety Boards.
- Demonstrated expertise in Workers Compensation claims management and return to work principles and disability management practices.
- Strong ability to perform functions of the position with minimal supervision.
- Strong multi-tasking, organizational, time management and problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are important in dealing with employees and management at all levels.
- Ability to maintain professionalism and to handle sensitive issues and to protect confidentiality of medical information.
- Ability to work with MS Office, Word, Excel, Outlook and PeopleSoft.
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at email@example.com at your earliest convenience.