Date Posted: October 04, 2022
The Bow River Seniors Lodge is a 60 unit Supported Living facility in Canmore, Alberta: 30 units SL4 and 30 units SL4D. SE Health (SE) will be providing care management services and Bow Valley Regional Housing (BVRH) will be providing hospitality and accommodations services. The site is scheduled to open in January 2023.
Part Time Educator (0.6 FTE)
Reporting to the Wellness Manager and an integral member of the leadership and client care team, the primary role of the Educator (RN) is to provide exemplary leadership and operational management of multigenerational/interprofessional team(s); ensuring excellence in the provision of resident care including the development of skills and scope of nurses, the achievement of corporate/program objectives, compliance with CCHSS and other applicable standards and the creation of a healthy workplace that maximizes the potential of clients and staff. The Educator will have accountability for orientation and training of nurses and healthcare aides (HCAs), planning and operations responsibilities; quality management, mentorship and coaching to nurses and HCAs. They will participate in special projects, corporate/research initiatives and other activities that support and advance the organizational goals.
- Conduct orientation, training, ongoing education sessions and complete required documentation.
- Collaborate with front line staff to evaluate, coach, develop and maintain competencies.
- Participate in the development and implementation of policies and procedures, and education modules to support operations.
- Work within their practice statement, competencies and conduct as defined by the Health Professions Act or other relevant legislation, and governing professional organizations.
- Provide leadership to a multi-disciplinary care team, and ensures services are delivered according to residents’ needs and appropriate regulatory standards.
- Support monitoring and reporting of clinical standards.
- Monitor and evaluate standards of care and ensures compliance with organizational policies and external regulations.
- Ensure high quality service delivery soliciting feedback from residents’, families, and care partners.
- Build effective relationships, liaise with, and work cooperatively with funder’s Case Manager, client care partners and other stakeholders.
- Perform all duties in a safe and efficient manner; adhere to all required infection prevention and control policies and practices.
- Pursue and promote continual learning for self and the care team.
- Represent Saint Elizabeth on external committees.
- Participate in internal committees – JOHSC, IPAC, etc.
- Part Time position working Monday- Friday day shifts
- RN registration with CRNA with current certification in good standing and current CPR Level C.
- At least 3 years’ recent related experience, in a supportive living environment or equivalent environment
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Flexible, adaptable, self-directed and effective problem solver
- Highly developed leadership skills
- Critical thinker, with well-developed analytical, planning and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to deal effectively with conflict in a diplomatic and professional manner.
- Knowledge of and understanding of CCHSS Accommodations and IP&C standards
- Knowledge of quality and risk management practices.
- Advanced computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to communicate in other languages an asset.
About SE Health
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose.
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at email@example.com at your earliest convenience
Please apply online firstname.lastname@example.org