Date Posted: March 09, 2023
The role will focus on building models and tools that provide insights and recommendations that enable business owners to improve financial and operational outcomes in the Acute care space. This will include creating analytical models involving key cost drivers i.e. details of various patient populations. Reporting to the Director, Financial Planning and Analysis (FPA) to support team members within the FPA team, the ideal candidate will have worked in cross functional teams and will have strong communication skills. The ability to think critically and being able to ask the right questions to get to the root cause of issues is imperative for success in this role.
- Use various tools such as simulation, regression and other quantitative and statistical techniques to analyze results, identify opportunities and quantify risk in current pricing and operational models
- Synthesize and simplify technical concepts and insights and communicate them effectively to various stakeholders
- Providing recommendations for financial or operational improvements through collaboration
- Identify pricing recommendations based on current patient populations as well as future expected populations
- Year 1 or 2 in post-graduate studies in the areas of business, math, economics, statistics, health administration, public health or related program
- Must be available for a 3 month or 12-week term
- Experience working with Excel, SQL, Python, R and Power BI
- An ability to tell stories with data and communicate actionable insights
- Demonstrate strong competencies in collaboration, attention to detail, and time management
- Highly organized with a methodical approach to problem-solving
- Curious with a strong desire to learn
- Self-motivated, ability to take direction and work independently, and work well in a remote team environment; strong verbal and written communication skills
- Healthcare experience / knowledge is considered a strong plus
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We are an inclusive workplace offering competitive pay, benefits, pension, and work life balance. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact the Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.