Date Posted: June 23, 2022
We’re Growing in Your Community!
Join SE Health as a Health Care Aide in one of the following Alberta Cities:
Calgary (and surrounding), Edmonton (and surrounding), Red Deer, Wetaskiwin, Fort Saskatchewan, Cochrane, Lethbridge, and Medicine Hat
SE Health HCAs are the best of the best. We provide care, companionship, household management, and daily living support to clients in their homes. When you choose to join SE Health, you join a diverse and collaborative care team where you’ll apply your skills – and your heart – to provide services to a roster of clients in your community. You’ll apply a client-centered approach to address clients’ physical, cognitive, social, emotional, and spiritual needs. You’ll make a difference in their lives, and they’ll make a difference in yours!
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
We anticipate significant expansion of the care and services we provide in Alberta in the months ahead, and are looking for amazing people to join us in improving the lives of Albertans as they live and age at home! Interested in hearing more? Send us a note at JoinSEAlberta@sehc.com and one of our leaders or talent seekers will get back to you to discuss the opportunity.
Why join our team?
- Competitive Compensation. Our Total Rewards package includes a competitive salary, group benefits, RRSP pension, and exclusive perks/discounts available only to SE Health staff.
- Develop yourself with SE. We have education bursaries, Tuition Assistance Programs, continuing education, training, and professional development to support your life-long learning. You’ll benefit from our orientation and mentorship programs. Our clinical practice and nursing teams will support you with comprehensive care plans and modern models of care that will mean you’ll always be supported to provide the best possible care to your clients.
- Grow your career. SE Health is a large national organization with diverse healthcare business lines. You’ll have an opportunity – and will be supported – to do different types of roles in different locations if that is what you’re interested in. Or you can pivot to supporting or leadership positions where you can use your skills to contribute and make an impact in different ways.
- Manage your life. At SE, you’ll have the flexibility to manage your schedule to balance your life. You’ll be supported with the time you need to meet the needs of your clients, meet your own needs, develop yourself and your career, and to be part of a team.
- Paid travel time, between clients
- Mobile device and 3 uniforms provided
- Registered with the Health Care Aide Directory (https://www.albertahcadirectory.com/)
- Standard First Aid and CPR Level C will be required
- Up to date immunization record including a current TB test within 1 year.
- Current satisfactory vulnerable sector check is required upon hire.
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team, with excellent organizational skills to manage your schedule.
- Compassionate, respectful, and sincere, with ability to deal with conflict in a diplomatic and professional manner
- Effective problem-solving and conflict management skills.
- This is a physically demanding position and requires hand, arm and shoulder dexterity, sensory ability, lifting to a maximum of approximately fifty-five (55) pounds, walking, standing, bending, reaching, and frequent movement.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at JoinSEAlberta@sehc.com at your earliest convenience.
Please apply online JoinSEAlberta@sehc.com