Date Posted: September 18, 2023
We are currently hiring Licensed Practical Nurses in Victoria
You will use evidence-informed nursing knowledge, skill and judgment and work within the LPN scope of practice to provide holistic nursing care to meet the physical, safety, emotional and spiritual needs of clients and their families in their homes and communities.
Why join our team?
- Competitive Compensation. Our Total Rewards package includes a competitive salary, group benefits, RRSP pension, and exclusive perks/discounts available only to SE Health staff.
- Develop yourself with SE. We have education bursaries, Tuition Assistance Programs, continuing education, training, and professional development to support your life-long learning. You’ll benefit from our orientation and mentorship programs. Our clinical practice and nursing teams will support you with comprehensive care plans and modern models of care that will mean you’ll always be supported to provide the best possible care to your clients.
- Grow your career. SE health is a large national organization with diverse healthcare business lines. You’ll have an opportunity – and will be supported – to do different types of roles in different locations if that is what you’re interested in. Or you can pivot to supporting or leadership positions where you can use your skills to contribute and make an impact in different ways.
- Manage your life. At SE, you’ll have the flexibility to manage your schedule to balance your life. You’ll be supported with the time you need to meet the needs of your clients, meet your own needs, develop yourself and your career, and to be part of a team.
- Paid travel time, between clients
- Mobile device and 3 uniforms provided
- Current registration with BCCNM
- Demonstrate knowledge of patient care requirements
- Demonstrate knowledge of the nursing care planning and process and evidence of the ability to utilize problem-solving.
- Excellent use of critical thinking skills in all aspects of providing care and collaborating with the health care team
- Excellent interpersonal communication, teamwork and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Excellent team building skills
- Demonstrated initiative and the ability to function both independently and as a multidisciplinary team member in a fast paced demanding environment.
- Demonstrated computer literacy
- Basic Cardiac Life Support as a minimum
- Ability to perform general LPN duties
- Ability to utilize current technology for care delivery and documentation
- Knowledge of Electronic Patient Record Documentation systems
- Willingness to travel between and work at all homes and institutions as required
- We are looking to hire in the Victoria area
About SE Health
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We are an inclusive workplace offering competitive pay, benefits, pension, and work life balance. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
In the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose.
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact the Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.