Date Posted: December 09, 2022
The Bow River Seniors Lodge is a 60 unit Supported Living facility in Canmore, Alberta: 30 units SL4 and 30 units SL4D. SE Health (SE) will be providing care management services and Bow Valley Regional Housing (BVRH) will be providing hospitality and accommodations services. The site is scheduled to open in January 2023.
SE Health is hiring Licensed Practical Nurses to join our team. This is a position for dynamic nurses who have a passion for seniors’ health and the aging population. You will use your clinical skills and apply a patient- and family-centered approach to ensure that our residents receive the highest quality care. This position is for our facility in Canmore.
Status: Permanent, Full Time, Days
$1000 sign on bonus!
We have competitive shift premiums for evening, night and weekend shifts!
Why join our team?
- Develop yourself with SE. We have education bursaries, Tuition Assistance Programs, continuing education, training, and professional development to support your life-long learning. You'll benefit from our orientation, mentorship, and coaching programs. And our leadership team will support you to practice to full scope, to integrate the most current evidence into your practice, and are fully available to you 24x7 to support you in delivering the best possible care to your patients. We have on-site day care also available via a private provider.
- Empowerment. At our facility, our nurses are provided with a full degree of autonomy of practice, provide clinical leadership to our multi-disciplinary team every day, and are supported with leading-edge training related to Palliative and aging.
- Grow your career. SE health is a large national organization with diverse healthcare business lines. You’ll have an opportunity – and will be supported – to do different types of roles in different locations if that is what you’re interested in. Or you can pivot to supporting or leadership positions where you can use your nursing skills to contribute and make an impact in different ways.
- Innovative. At SE we are always looking for new innovative ways to improve. You’ll be encouraged and supported to identify and make improvements to the way we do our work. As a social enterprise we support research into Senior’s Health and Aging. You’ll have the ability to be part of this research firsthand, to learn from it, and will be supported to integrate that research into your practice.
- Competitive compensation . Our Total Rewards package includes a competitive salary, group benefits, RRSP pension, recognition of previous experience and exclusive perks/discounts available only to SE Health staff.
Under the direction of the Clinical Manager, the Lead Licensed Practical Nurse (LLPN) will utilize evidence-based nursing knowledge, skills, and judgment to provide holistic resident-centered nursing care with a multidisciplinary team approach. Within the scope of practice appropriate to an LPN, they will provide care to meet clients and their families' physical, safety, emotional and spiritual needs.
- Oversees and participates in resident admissions/discharge or transfer of residents as needed.
- Observes, monitors, and tracks facility outbreaks and submits appropriate documentation to Clinical Managers
- Monitors and supports implementation of organizational quality-improvement projects and education programs.
- Orientates, monitors, and mentors new and existing contracted partners: HCA and LPN
- Completes and evaluates competency assessments for HCA and LPN with respect: medication administration/bath/shower procedures
- Assists primary practitioners, including physicians and nursing practitioners, on rounds as required.
- Evaluates the need for and fulfills ad-hoc staffing requirements: lead LPN is also responsible for covering any vacant shifts or sick calls during weekends and after-hours
- Demonstrates strong understanding of accessing to facility policies and integrates the policies into practice: Process for contacting on-call management, wound management, fall management, etc.
- Requesting interdisciplinary consultations – OT, CCPS, GEM, PT, MMSE, etc.
- Utilizes Clinical care pathways for clinical management – SOB, UTIs, Fevers, change in behavior
- Performs required audits
- Managing dietary requests and effective communication with dietary services team
- Reports incidents to Clinical Managers/Site directors/General Manager/AHS after-hours as appropriate
- Assumes responsibility to follow up with Clinical Manager when AHS Case Manager is off site
- Participates on the following committees: IPC committee, OH&S committee, Quality Improvement Committee
- Emergency response – knows the location of Emergency Response Binder, understanding of each code procedure.
- Work within their practice statement, competencies, and conduct as defined by the Health Professions Act or other relevant legislation and governing professional organizations
- Ensure resident care is delivered in a way that maintains resident dignity, privacy, and acknowledges independence, spirituality, and individuality as per H.O.P.E model
- Ensuring building safety afterhours – follows procedure for unknown person on premises, locking doors, contacting police
- Current LPN Certificate registered with the CLPNA in good standing.
- Valid CPR certificate
- Updated immunization record
- A satisfactory Criminal Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector Check issued in the past 90 days
- Recent experience working with the elderly or disabled persons, preferably in a supportive living environment.
- Palliative care experience is an asset.
- Experience leading others with strong collaboration skills.
- Demonstrate a compassionate, respectful and sincere manner, with the ability to deal with conflict in a diplomatic and professional manner (strong conflict management skills).
- Displays strong critical-thinking skills.
- Demonstrates strong understanding of prioritization
- Strong oral and written communication skills (other language skills an asset).
- Flexible and adaptable to a changing work environment.
- Good computer skills.
- This is a physically demanding position and requires hand, arm and shoulder dexterity, sensory ability, lifting to a maximum of approximately fifty-five (55) pounds, walking, standing, bending, reaching, and frequent movement.
About SE Health
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose.
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact the Talent Aquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.
Please apply online email@example.com