Date Posted: November 25, 2021
Your passion is to use your nursing knowledge, skill and judgment to provide integrated and holistic nursing care to meet the physical, safety, emotional and spiritual needs of people of all ages and care needs.
SE Health and St Thomas are hiring License Practice Nurses (LPN) for our Supportive Living Site. Under the direction of the Clinical Care Manager, the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) will use evidence-informed nursing knowledge, skill and judgment to provide integrated and holistic nursing care, within the scope of practice appropriate to an LPN, to meet the physical, safety, emotional and spiritual needs of clients and their families.
Status: Temp 6 months or till the retirn of the incumbent , Part-Time evenings (1500 to 2300)
- Provide hands-on care to residents according to the Care Plan and Community policies and procedures.
- Report changes in resident conditions as well as any other pertinent information to the appropriate decision makers in a timely manner.
- Assist in the monitoring of non-regulated care partners assigned to carry out the care plan, including supervising, teaching delegated tasks, coaching, and supporting as per the hospitality model.
- Identifies health, safety or maintenance issues, and reports as required.
- Liaising with AHS and other health care professionals, families, and any other people required in order to facilitate the highest level of resident care.
- Actively participates in team meetings and training/learning opportunities as required.
- Charting on daily basis using electronic charting system
- Perform all duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- LPN Certificate, active registration with the CLPNA in good standing.
- Updated immunization record
- A satisfactory Criminal Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector Check issued in the past 60 days is required
- Valid First Aid and CPR certificates.
- Recent experience working with elderly or disabled persons, preferably in a supportive living environment.
- Palliative care experience is an asset.
- Compassionate, respectful and sincere manner, with ability to deal with conflict in a diplomatic and professional manner.
- Good oral and written communication skills (other language skills an asset).
- Flexible, adaptable to changing work environment to meet resident needs.
- Good computer skills
Internal candidates, please apply by Dec 2, 2021
About SE Health
SE Health is a not-for-profit social enterprise that shares its knowledge, provides the best care, and helps each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. Established in 1908 by four pioneering nurses, we have worked with purpose for more than a century to bring hope and happiness, and forever impact how people live and age at home. Today, our 8,000+ team members nationwide provide care in more places and ways than ever before, bringing health to life for over 20,000 Canadians every day. SE Health is honoured to be a three-time recipient of the Canada Order of Excellence and one of Forbes’ Best Employers for 2020.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at email@example.com at your earliest convenience.
Please apply online VeronicaKanwar@sehc.com