Date Posted: August 27, 2021
SE Health and St Thomas are hiring License Practice Nurses (LPN) for our Supportive Living Site. Under the direction of the Clinical Care Manager, the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) will use evidence-informed nursing knowledge, skill and judgment to provide integrated and holistic nursing care, within the scope of practice appropriate to an LPN, to meet the physical, safety, emotional and spiritual needs of clients and their families.
- Provide hands-on care to residents according to the Care Plan and facility policies and procedures.
- Report changes in resident conditions as well as any other pertinent information to the appropriate decision makers in a timely manner
- May assist in the monitoring of non-regulated staff assigned to carry out the care, including supervising, coaching, and supporting.
- Ensure resident care is delivered in a way that maintains resident dignity, privacy, and acknowledges independence, spirituality, and individuality.
- Participate in team meetings and training/learning opportunities.
- Perform all duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- Active LPN Certificate, registered with the CLPNA
- First Aid and CPR certificates
- Recent experience working with elderly or disabled persons, preferably in a supportive living environment.
- Palliative care experience an asset.
- Compassionate, respectful and sincere with ability to deal with conflict in a diplomatic and professional manner.
- Good oral and written communication skills (French language skills an asset).
- Flexible, adaptable to changing work environment.
- Good computer skills.
About SE Health
SE Health is a not-for-profit social enterprise that shares its knowledge, provides the best care, and helps each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. Established in 1908 by four pioneering nurses, we have worked with purpose for more than a century to bring hope and happiness, and forever impact how people live and age at home. Today, our 8,000+ team members nationwide provide care in more places and ways than ever before, bringing health to life for over 20,000 Canadians every day. SE Health is honoured to be a three-time recipient of the Canada Order of Excellence and one of Forbes’ Best Employers for 2020.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at email@example.com at your earliest convenience.
Please apply online firstname.lastname@example.org