Date Posted: December 05, 2023
Make an Impact on Seniors' Health!
Status: Lead LPN (23:00 PM - 07:00 AM)
SE Health LPN's are the best of the best. We provide care and independence to our residents, using a client- and family-centered approach that incorporates the most current research into practice. When you choose to join SE Health, you become part of a diverse and collaborative care team where you’ll apply your skills – and your heart – to provide services that support our residents to live and age well. You’ll make a difference in their lives, and they’ll make a difference in yours!
Why join our team?
- Develop yourself with SE. We have education bursaries, Tuition Assistance Programs, continuing education, training, and professional development to support your life-long learning. You’ll benefit from our orientation and mentorship programs. Our clinical practice and nursing teams will support you with comprehensive care plans and modern models of care that will mean you’ll always be supported to provide the best possible care to your residents.
- Grow your career. SE health is a large national organization with diverse healthcare business lines. You’ll have an opportunity – and will be supported – to do different types of roles in different locations if that is what you’re interested in. Or you can pivot to supporting or leadership positions where you can use your skills to contribute and make an impact in different ways.
- Innovative. At SE we are always looking for new innovative ways to improve. You’ll be encouraged and supported to identify and make improvements to the way we do our work. As a social enterprise we support research into Senior’s Health and Aging. You’ll have the ability to be part of this research firsthand, and to learn from it.
- Competitive compensation. Our Total Rewards package includes a competitive salary, group benefits, RRSP pension, and exclusive perks/discounts available only to SE Health staff.
Under the direction of the Manager or Director of Care, the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) will use evidence-informed nursing knowledge, skill and judgment to provide integrated and holistic nursing care, within the scope of practice appropriate to an LPN, to meet the physical, safety, emotional and spiritual needs of clients and their families.
- Provide hands-on care to residents according to the Care Plan and facility policies and procedures.
- Report changes in resident conditions as well as any other pertinent information to the appropriate decision makers in a timely manner.
- Assist in the monitoring of non-regulated staff assigned to carry out the care plan, including supervising, coaching, and supporting.
- Ensure resident care is delivered in a way that maintains resident dignity, privacy, and acknowledges independence, spirituality, and individuality.
- Perform all duties in a safe and efficient manner; adhere to all required infection prevention and control policies and practices.
- Work within their practice statement, competencies and conduct as defined by the Health Professions Act or other relevant legislation, and governing professional organizations.
- Participate in team meetings and training/learning opportunities as required.
- LPN Certificate, current active registration with the CLPNA in good standing.
- Updated immunization record
- A satisfactory Criminal Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector Check issued in the past 9 0 days
- Valid Standard First Aid and Level C CPR certificates.
- Recent experience working with the elderly or disabled persons, preferably in a supportive living environment.
- Palliative care experience is an asset.
- Demonstrate a compassionate, respectful and sincere manner, with the ability to deal with conflict in a diplomatic and professional manner.
- Good oral and written communication skills (French language skills an asset).
- Flexible and adaptable to a changing work environment.
- Good computer skills.
- This is a physically demanding position and requires hand, arm and shoulder dexterity, sensory ability, lifting to a maximum of approximately fifty-five (55) pounds, walking, standing, bending, reaching, and frequent movement.
About SE Health
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We are an inclusive workplace offering competitive pay, benefits, pension, and work life balance. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
In the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose.
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact the Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience
Please apply online email@example.com