Date Posted: June 21, 2022
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager and/or Facility General Manager, the Maintenance Worker assists the Maintenance team with all maintenance requirements as they pertain to the efficient operation of the facility; all aspects of regular maintenance, repairs, building improvements, environmental issues and fire and life safety. The maintenance worker assists in the safety and security of all residents, staff and visitors.
- Performing general maintenance tasks for the building, such as drywall repair, plastering, carpentry, flooring repair, painting and more
- Detecting, identifying and repairing building issues, like basic problems with the building’s electrical, plumbing and HVAC systems
- Maintaining records of any work and inspections done on premises
- Completing inventory on repair supplies and ensures clean and working order.
- Keeping repair tools and supplies organized.
- Assisting with relocating and installing furniture and equipment.
- Be available for emergency call-ins.
- Ensuring all safety systems are functioning properly, including smoke detectors and nurse call bell system
- Responding and completing resident and supervisor maintenance request
- Makes recommendations for repairs, replacements, or upgrades to be reviewed with the Maintenance Manager
- Attends to garbage and general clean up in resident and public areas (Exterior and Interior).
- Assists Housekeeping if requested.
- Ensures the safety of staff, residents, guests, and vendor personnel by ensuring all areas of the building and its exterior grounds are maintained in a safe condition (i.e. snow clearing, debris, and leaves, etc.)
- Oversees the pest control program in the absence of the Maintenance Manager
- Maintains organized and safe work and storage areas.
- Assists the Fire Safety Director in drills.
- Maintains scheduled certification for fire systems.
- Complies with fire regulations.
- Implements all repair and maintenance activities in a safe manner while abiding by appropriate WCB Alberta regulations
- Assists with a preventative maintenance schedule under the direction of the maintenance Manager
- Maintains a log entry of daily routines, general repairs, scheduled, and non-scheduled maintenance items on all equipment.
- Prioritizes maintenance requests and scheduled work load so the work can be performed in an efficient manner.
- A basic knowledge of plumbing, carpentry, electrical, heating systems and gardening.
- A basic level of computer experience/knowledge at a minimum.
- Knowledge of safety regulations and precautions.
- All successful applicants must pass the Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check applicable to Provincial guidelines.
- Must be have both doses of COVID vaccination
- Required to have additional vaccinations as a condition of employment
- Must be available to work days, evenings and weekends
- A demonstrated ability to organize a schedule of maintenance and workload planning.
- A demonstrated ability to maintain a checklist record of maintenance routines.
- An ability to communicate professionally with residents, staff, and visitors.
- Be pleasant and courteous to staff, residents, and visitors.
- Assist the staff and management to operate the facility in a safe and efficient manner.
- Provides support or instruction to staff that may be operating the facility’s equipment
- Takes initiatives in gaining knowledge and skill relating to the maintenance position
- Current Immunization record (TB test completed within the past 12 months) is required upon hire including 2nd Covid vaccine proof
- Current criminal back ground check and vulnerable sector check is required upon hire.
- This is a physically demanding position and requires hand, arm and shoulder dexterity, sensory ability, lifting to a maximum of approximately fifty-five (55) pounds, walking, climbing stairs, standing, bending, reaching, and frequent movement.
bout SE Health:
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at HumanResources@sehc.com at your earliest convenience.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose
Please send your resume email@example.com