Date Posted: March 12, 2022
About the role:
As a member of the Digital Transformation team, you strive for innovation in models of care that meet the needs and expectations of people and their families in Ontario. You will participate in and support co-design, development, system integration and implementation of digital clinical solutions. In this role, you will work with key stakeholders, IS team, operations team along with external team members from the vendor community. You will bring an understanding of project management, technical and clinical knowledge and skills to this role. The Role will report to the VP Innovation and Digital health.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Collaborate with Key Stakeholders on the operationalizing our Innovation Framework
- Collaborate with the SE Health Research Centre evaluation leads on the design of the care model, inclusion criteria, and associated developmental evaluation.
- Collaborate with the IS /Digital for system integration if needed
- Collaborate with operations leadership and clinical operations lead opportunities to innovate care models
- Develop a framework for digital health adoption within SE Health
- Develop organizational wide roll out plan inclusive of business case
- Master’s degree candidate in health related field preferred
- Current Certificate of Competence in good standing from the provincial nursing regulatory body is preferred
- The ideal candidate would knowledge of project management and change management
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate effectively to direct and motivate team and others, maintaining a persuasive and credible presentation style at all levels of the organization
- Ability to distil complex information into clear, concise messages
- Ability to influence others and able to establish credibility with all levels of the organization, challenging the status quo and being a catalyst for positive change
- Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills
- Demonstrated effective critical thinking, analytical, decision making and problem-resolution skills
- Demonstrated expertise and ability to apply, teach, coach and mentor individuals and teams
- Some travel may be required across Ontario.
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at HumanResources@sehc.com at your earliest convenience.
Please apply online ChristalWasher@sehc.com