Date Posted: April 09, 2019
The Nurse Practitioner will assist with patient intake and assessment; provide most responsible clinical care for unattached clients, as necessary. In addition, the role will assist with transitions of care for more complex clients especially around medications and primary care follow up by their General Practitioner. The Primary care nurse practitioner will promote patient and family centered collaborative care with a focus on quality, risk management and patient safety.
- Utilize principles of Primary Health Care model within the appropriate scope of practice for individuals, groups, families and communities
- Support the needs of patient populations including innovative approaches to care delivery
- Provides comprehensive primary care to the residents as part of an interdisciplinary/inter professional team focused on creation of a person-centred plan of care
- Review and update primary care activities in line with organization goals and projected outcomes
- Promote evidence based practice through the use of latest research based guidelines
- Ensure the provision of safe, evidence based, cost effective, patient and family centered care
- Identify and implement appropriate clinical documentation and record keeping practices
- Work with organizational leadership to ensure fiscal accountability and sustainability of the Primary care Program
- Identify program staffing and facility needs
- Hire additional staff to support the primary care program, as required
- Participate, and provide input, in the assessment of staff performance and the identification of training and development needs where there are performance gaps
- Support achievement of key operational performance indicators for Hillcrest and broader Primary care Program
- Participate in annual budget development
- Recommend capital and other purchases to support programs
- Keep up to date with health related policy and implement if deemed appropriate to impact patient care in a positive manner
- Guide implementation of decision support tools
- Participate in ongoing quality monitoring and improvement
- Actively participates in an On Call Rotation
- Participate in creating, delivering and maintaining an exceptional quality program
- Creating an environment that builds on the principles of integrated team approach
- Provides a supportive team approach with staff to input client/staff compliments, complaints and incidents into the RL6
- Collaborates during investigations identifies risks, associated themes where corrective action can be implemented with a lens of continuous quality improvement
- Responds to client/staff incidents and complaints as per policies and procedures
- Promotes a ‘no Blame’ approach to reporting and managing incidents by staff to ensure quality outcomes are achieved
- Identifies risk and health and safety issues and consults with the Director/Regional Director in collaboration with the Occupational Health and Wellness Manager and/or the Corporate Integrity Officer as required
- Current registration as an RN(EC) in good standing with the CNO Master of Nursing preferred
- Nurse practitioner certificate Required
- 3-5 years demonstrated leadership ability
- Minimum 5 years clinical experience in primary care
- Demonstrated commitment to Primary care / Community health
- Demonstrated clinical skills in physical assessment and disease management
- Highly developed critical thinking skills
- Proven ability to implement, with an energetic attitude
- Comprehensive knowledge of computerized systems and patient records
- Previous community health care experience is an asset.
- Role models Saint Elizabeth’s Mission, Vision and Values, professionalism and accountability in daily practices.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Thrives in a fast paced environment, with multiple competing priorities.
- Outcome-oriented and able to achieve desired results.
SE Health (previously Saint Elizabeth Health Care) is a Social Enterprise applying our knowledge, vision and drive to forever impact how people live and age at home. With Canadian roots and 110 years of expertise, SE Health is a not-for-profit charitable organization delivering quality care, innovative solutions and education to people where and when they need it. Through our team of 9,000 Leaders of Impact, we deliver 20,000 care exchanges daily, totaling 50 million in the last decade alone.
Saint Elizabeth is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at email@example.com at your earliest convenience.