Date Posted: April 04, 2019
SE Health (Saint Elizabeth Health Care) is a social enterprise applying our knowledge, vision and drive to forever impact how people live and age at home, today and into the future. As a not-for-profit organization with Canadian roots and 110 years of expertise, we bring quality excellence and innovation to home care, seniors lifestyle and family caregiving. Through our team of 9,000 Leaders of Impact, we deliver 20,000 care exchanges daily, totaling 50 million in the last decade alone. In 2019 we were honoured to be recognized by Forbes as one of Canada's Best Employers.
Nurses Specialized in Wound, Ostomy and Continence
Central Simcoe (Alliston, Bradford, Nobleton, Tottenham)
As a member of our Wound/Ostomy team, you will promote excellence in evidence based clinical care for clients who have wound, ostomy or continence problems. Working with the local leadership team and supported by an Advanced Clinical Consultant, you will deliver standardized education, consultation and care, as well as participate in synergetic knowledge building with Wound and Ostomy Resource Nurses, colleagues and experts across Ontario. In addition, you will also conduct indepth clinical and health assessments and provide consultation for clients requiring specialty wound management, ostomy and continence assessments.
- As a Registered Nurse (RN) you will provide primary care for clients requiring specialty wound management, ostomy and continence assessments.
- As a Registered Nurse (RN) you will provide education and preceptorship experiences in order to build wound, ostomy and continence care and capacity within Saint Elizabeth.
- As a Registered Nurse (RN) you will provide clinical support and consultation within the organization.
- As a Registered Nurse (RN) you will provide assess and recommend appropriate nursing care and supplies.
- As a Registered Nurse (RN) you will provide actively participate in the Wound/Ostomy Team at Saint Elizabeth.
- Must be a Registered Nurse (RN) with current Certificate of Competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Completion of an accredited program in Enterostomal Therapy or 75% completion of the CNA certification - WOCC(C) and a minimum of 3 years' experience in the community or acute care setting with focus on wound care.
- Flexibility and a commitment to advancing knowledge at Saint Elizabeth.
- A willingness to attend national conferences and participate in further education programs/courses such as the required Preceptorship Program.
- A vehicle and valid driver’s license and a willingness to travel.
- Excellent verbal, presentation and writing skills.
- A thorough understanding of the principles of adult education.
- An ability to work as a team player..
- A comprehensive knowledge of community health care is preferred.
Here are many reasons why you will want to bring your talent to our team:
- You will be part of a distinguished Canadian, not-for-profit organization with a century of experience
- You will experience opportunities to use many of your skills and expand your knowledge
- Ongoing opportunities for continuing education, training and professional development
- Total Rewards program which includes group benefits, and pension plan
- Education bursaries.
- Extensive paid orientation and preceptorship program
- Subsidized RNAO memberships
- Tuition Assistance Program
- WorkPerks®, which gives access to exclusive discounts from leading brand name companies and trusted local businesses.
Saint Elizabeth is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at email@example.com at your earliest convenience..