Saint Elizabeth is looking for a full time Nurse Manager / Supervisor (RN) for the Woodstock / Oxford County region.
As a Health Services Supervisor (Nursing Supervisor - RN), you will oversee the delivery of client care for a shift nursing team and rehab in our Service Delivery Centre. You will ensure high quality clinical care is delivered by engaged and experienced nurses. You will manage client, employee, and operational metrics to ensure team performance. You will support the team drawing from the expertise you will bring, grounded in previous leadership/management roles with strong clinical, customer service, and technical skills.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES.
- Provide leadership and engage the team of approximately 80 staff to achieve or exceed performance targets
- Maximize team performance through the effective and efficient utilization of resources, including optimization of RN and RPN scope of practice.
- Promote engagement with SE’s private pay business, as appropriate for client circumstance.
- Utilize projections in determining and forecasting resource needs.
- Compile, analyze, and evaluate data to support evidence based decision making.
- Implement communication strategies to promote shared vision and collaborative working relationships.
- Engage with and support special projects or new programs as required.
People Management and Team Development
- Regularly evaluate performance and ensure the development of skills and competencies required to achieve Saint Elizabeth’s vision and strategies.
- Coach and manage employees with performance issues and consult appropriately with Human Resources.
- Interview, select, hire and onboard/orient new employees.
- Follow employee relations/labour relations processes and relevant policies and procedures.
- Facilitate and maintain team development, by providing opportunities to support staff education.
- Ensure compliance with all legislative requirements (Employment Standards, WSIB, Health & Safety legislation, etc.).
Quality Service Delivery:
- Manage high risk issues, conduct complaint and incident investigations relating to client/employee issues and develop appropriate risk management action plans as appropriate.
- Respond to client feedback and service inquires in a responsive and timely manner.
- Ensure client care plans are appropriate and executed consistently
- Communicate with staff and stakeholders in an effective and timely manner
- Conduct or facilitate home visits for the purpose of customer service
- Take appropriate action to understand and meet client needs and preclude refusals of client service
A regulated health care professional designation (RN) required holding a current professional license, in good standing, to practice in Ontario
- 3-5 years management or supervisory experience in a health care organization.
- Bachelor’s degree is required (RN) - Registered Nurse
- For internal Saint Elizabeth employees we would be looking for minimum 1-2 years’ experience in a leadership capacity.
- A minimum of six (6) months community nursing experience preferred.
- Demonstrated Saint Elizabeth’s values and core leadership competencies.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Sound understanding of documentation standards.
- Critical thinking and sound problem solving skills.
- Thrives in a fast paced environment, with multiple competing priorities.
- Outcome-oriented and able to achieve desired results.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Excellent computer skills/knowledge and familiarity with scheduling systems
- Ability to work in an on-call after hours rotation
- Updated immunization record, clear criminal background check and Vulnerable sector check is required upon hire
- A vehicle and valid driver’s license – and ability to travel with the Oxford County (Woodstock)
About SE Health
SE Health (previously Saint Elizabeth Health Care) is a Social Enterprise applying our knowledge, vision and drive to forever impact how people live and age at home. With Canadian roots and 110 years of expertise, SE Health is a not-for-profit charitable organization delivering quality care, innovative solutions and education to people where and when they need it. Through our team of 9,000 Leaders of Impact, we deliver 20,000 care exchanges daily, totaling 50 million in the last decade alone.
Saint Elizabeth is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.