Date Posted: August 07, 2021
As a member of SE Health reporting directly to the , all decisions and manner of relating and operating will reflect the philosophy, vision and mission of Saint Elizabeth.
As a full-time Food Service Worker will perform general kitchen duties, including basic food preparation, portering, serving, cleaning up and dishwashing.
The location of the facility will be Hillcrest Reactivation Centre (47 Austin Terrace, Toronto, Ontario)
Status: Full Time (Day / Evening Shift)
- Assist as direct with general kitchen work such as basic food preparation, microwaving of meals, thermalizing soups serving and portering food and dish carts, setting up tables and trays cleaning up and dishwashing.
- Assembles and responsible for food preparation and light cooking as required for all meals and nourishments.
- Complies with ministry of health provincial home and community care regulations and established dietary policies & procedures.
- Provides client focused care and service. Respect clients’ confidentiality and treat staff, clients and visitors with dignity and respect at all times.
- Handle and serve food with best practices to ensure safe, attractive, hygienic and tasty meals.
- Ensure proper storage, handling and preparation of food in order to ensure safety and follow Toronto Public health guidelines and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points.
- Clean kitchen equipment and areas according to cleaning schedule.
- Attend staff meetings and in-services.
- Maintain good relationships with all staff and clients.
- Report any observed changes to client’s conditions to Manager.
- Report any changes that affect the production ad smoother operation of food services to the operations manager.
- Maintain current knowledge of fire and other safety procedures and assist with evaluation as needed.
- Complete with health and safety policies and procedures including complains with WHIMIS and regulatory requirements.
- Keeps work area, clean, sanitary and uncluttered, and completes scheduled cleaning duties.
- Completes pre-start up inspections/audits as required.
- Sets and cleans dining room tables as well as cleans floors in food preparation, dish room and food storage areas.
- Delivers carts to designated areas.
- Assists with maintaining the security of the department.
- Complies with all health and safety regulations as well as practices facility fire safety and emergency programs.
- Record temperatures of all fridges, dish machines and food items as required for food safety quality assurance.
- Assists with storage and inventory of food supply and cleanliness of storage areas.
- Alerts operations manager to problems and makes recommendations about corrective action.
- Attends departmental and facility staff meeting, in-services and other necessary training sessions.
- Maintains a good attendance record in accordance with company policies.
- Assists in the orientation and training of new dietary employees.
- Any other reasonable duties as determined & assigned by Manager
- Grade 12 or equivalent combination of education/Training and experience
- Knowledge of quantity food production, sanitation and safety standards for a food services area
- Demonstrated food handling skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team orientated environment.
- Strong communication skills in English
- Current Food Safety Certification
- Health related food service experience preferred.
Here are many reasons why you will want to bring your talent to our team:
- You will be part of a distinguished Canadian, not-for-profit organization with a century of experience
- You will experience opportunities to use many of your skills and expand your knowledge
- Ongoing opportunities for continuing education, training and professional development
- WorkPerks®, which gives access to exclusive discounts from leading brand name companies and trusted local businesses.
About SE Health
SE Health is a not-for-profit social enterprise that shares its knowledge, provides the best care, and helps each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. Established in 1908 by four pioneering nurses, we have worked with purpose for more than a century to bring hope and happiness, and forever impact how people live and age at home. Today, our 8,000+ team members nationwide provide care in more places and ways than ever before, bringing health to life for over 20,000 Canadians every day. SE Health is honoured to be a three-time recipient of the Canada Order of Excellence and one of Forbes’ Best Employers for 2020.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by October 30, 2021. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at email@example.com at your earliest convenience.
Please apply online firstname.lastname@example.org