Date Posted: October 13, 2021
SE Health is currently hiring a casual (Sunday) Occupational Therapist to work at Cortellucci Vaughan Health Hospital in th stroke program. Occupational Therapist will provide patient management through all stages of assessment, treatment, consultation and follow-up services to patients. The successful candidate will be familiar working in a team environment and in delegating treatment to appropriately qualified therapy assistants.
As the successful candidate, you are a graduate of an accredited program in Occupational Therapy and are a member in good standing of the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario. You demonstrate excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal, along with a high level of initiative and adaptability to rapidly changing demands.
Therapists will receive a temporary increase of $3.00 per hour for all client care hours until Oct 31st, , 2021
- Conducting occupational therapy assessments in acute and rehab populations.
- Planning and implementing patient centered, goal-directed treatment programs.
- Provide treatment interventions in collaboration with Therapy Assistants.
- Document patient care interventions, formulating goals and recommendations.
- Input and monitor workload in accordance with SE and Mackenzie Health requirements.
- Make recommendations regarding discharge and liaise with inter-professional team members as required.
- A graduate of an accredited program in Occupational Therapy (OT) and are a member in good standing of the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario.
- 1-2 years of hospital experience in an acute care setting preferred.
- Recent experience in managing patients in acute/rehab or community-based rehabilitation programs is required.
- Reliable, flexible, creative, self-directed professional, able to work effectively and collaboratively with therapy assistants as well as with a high-performance interdisciplinary rehabilitation team.
- Sound knowledge of community resources is an asset.
- Effective interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- A positive work and attendance record is an essential.
- Ability to adapt to new computer applications.
- Current VSC and updated immunization record.
- BCLS certificate
About SE Health
SE Health is a not-for-profit social enterprise that shares its knowledge, provides the best care, and helps each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. Established in 1908 by four pioneering nurses, we have worked with purpose for more than a century to bring hope and happiness, and forever impact how people live and age at home. Today, our 8,000+ team members nationwide provide care in more places and ways than ever before, bringing health to life for over 20,000 Canadians every day. SE Health is honoured to be a three-time recipient of the Canada Order of Excellence and one of Forbes’ Best Employers for 2020.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by October 30, 2021. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at HumanResources@sehc.com at your earliest convenience.
Please apply online firstname.lastname@example.org