Date Posted: April 26, 2022
Status: Casual (Day Shift)
- Must have a PSW Certificate and Grade 12 English equivalency.
- A satisfactory Criminal Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector Check issued in the past 6 months.
- Valid First Aid and HPC CPR certificate
- Consideration will be given to newer graduates that demonstrate a true understanding of the relational care approach and highly developed emotional intelligence.
- Knowledge of household management skills.
- A working knowledge of assistive aides is required.
- Compassionate, respectful and sincere manner with ability to deal with conflict in a diplomatic and professional manner.
- Self-awareness, high emotional intelligence, willingness to partner with residents, families and onsite staff in caring for residents.
- Flexible, adaptable to changing work environment.
- Good computer skills, experience with electronic charting systems are assets.
- Ability to speak other languages, is an asset.
- Good verbal and written skills.
- Ability to lift 25 kg may be required and perform lifting/bending when required to assist residents.
- Be comfortable running and facilitating programs and social recreation activities
- Perform, enable, and assist with Personal Care.
- Activities of daily living, laundering, light housekeeping, Meals (full meals and snacks).
- Meal service in dining room (may include feeding assistance) for three meals a day.
- Assist with running and facilitating recreational and leisure activities.
- Perform and monitor health indicators, charting on a daily basis which will include use of POC
- Assist to individualize and personalize residents care.
- Ensure care is delivered in a way to optimize resident choice, dignity, privacy, independence and spirituality.
- Performs delegated tasks as per resident care plan and report changes in resident condition.
- Work collaboratively with interdisciplinary team which encompasses Baycrest Terrace staff to ensure care goals are created, met and assessed on an on-going basis.
- Provide quality service according to the Care Plan, Saint Elizabeth and Residential site policies and procedures. This would include participating in the development and updating of care plans in a way that balances respect for the resident choice, optimizing health and wellbeing, safety and security.
- Participate in ongoing education programs.
- Engages in self-reflection activities to continuously improve EQ skills.
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose,
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.
Please apply online email@example.com