Date Posted: May 17, 2019
SE Health (Saint Elizabeth Health Care) is a social enterprise applying our knowledge, vision and drive to forever impact how people live and age at home, today and into the future. As a not-for-profit organization with Canadian roots and 110 years of expertise, we bring quality excellence and innovation to home care, senior’s lifestyle and family caregiving. Through our team of 9,000 Leaders of Impact, we deliver 20,000 care exchanges daily, totaling 50 million in the last decade alone. In 2019 we were honored to be recognized by Forbes as one of Canada's Best Employers
Personal Support Worker (PSW)
Full Time 3:00pm-11:00pm
Ottawa K1H & K1G
$1,000 Signing Bonus for New Employees!
As a Personal Support Worker (PSW), you will assist clients in the activities of personal care, household management and generalized services as per the client care plan and in conjunction with Saint Elizabeth Health Care’s policies and procedures.
Here are many reasons why you will want to bring your talent to our team:
- You will be part of a distinguished Canadian, not-for-profit organization with a century of experience
- You will experience opportunities to use many of your skills and expand your knowledge
- Ongoing opportunities for continuing education, training and professional development
- Total Rewards program which includes group benefits, and pension plan
- Education bursaries
- Extensive paid orientation and preceptorship program
- Subsidized PSNO memberships
- Tuition Assistance Program
- WorkPerks®, which gives access to exclusive discounts from leading brand name companies and trusted local businesses.
- Current PSW Certificate.
- Availability to work days, evenings, nights and weekends.
- A valid driver’s license and vehicle.
- Updated immunization record, clear criminal background check and Vulnerable sector check is required upon hire.
- A willingness to attain required Saint Elizabeth certifications.
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Effective problem-solving and conflict management skills.
- Ability to work well within a changing environment.
- A demonstrated appreciation for quality improvement processes.
- A current CPR certificate.
- Basic computer skills would be an asset.
- This is a physically demanding position and requires hand, arm and shoulder dexterity, sensory ability, lifting to a maximum of approximately fifty-five (55) pounds, walking, climbing stairs, standing, bending, reaching, and frequent movement.
Saint Elizabeth is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at email@example.com at your earliest convenience.