Date Posted: April 13, 2021
Personal Support Worker (PSW) - Cedarhurst Dementia Care Home (2601 Bayview Avenue, North York, On M2L 1B3).
Are you looking to make a difference? If you are a dedicated PSW that takes the time to collaborate with your client, who is compassionate and willing to focus on their wellbeing, rather than the individual tasks at hand, then this role may be for you!
· Must have a PSW Certificate and Grade 12 English equivalency.
· A satisfactory Criminal Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector Check issued in the past 3 months.
· Valid First Aid and CPR certificate.
· At least 4-5 years working experience with persons with dementia, preferably in a seniors living environment.
· Consideration will be given to newer graduates that demonstrate a true understanding of the relational care approach and highly developed emotional intelligence.
· Knowledge of household management skills.
· Food Safe certificate is required and must be proficient with food preparation and loves to cook and bake.
· Successful completion or enrollment in a Food Service Worker training program recognized by the Ministry of Health and LTC is an asset.
· A working knowledge of assistive aides is required.
· Compassionate, respectful and sincere manner with ability to deal with conflict in a diplomatic and professional manner.
· Self-awareness, high emotional intelligence, willingness to partner with residents, families and onsite staff in caring for residents.
· Flexible, adaptable to changing work environment.
· Good computer skills, experience with electronic charting systems are assets.
· Ability to speak other languages, including French and Italian is an asset.
· Relational Caring through Good verbal and written skills.
· Ability to lift 25 kg may be required and perform lifting/bending when required to assist residents.
· Alzheimer’s and Dementia Certificates is an asset. U-first, GPA, Workshops.
· Perform, enable, and assist with Personal Care.
· Activities of daily living.
· Light housekeeping.
· Meals (full meals and snacks).
· Recreational and leisure activities.
· Perform and monitor health indicators, charting on a daily basis.
· Assist to individualize and personalize residents care.
· Ensure care is delivered in a way to optimize resident choice, dignity, privacy, independence and spirituality.
· Performs delegated tasks as per resident care plan and report changes in resident condition.
· Work collaboratively with nurse leader to ensure adequate food supplies are in each kitchenette for meal and snack preparation and delivery, maintain shopping list following approved menu.
· Provide quality service according to the Care Plan, Saint Elizabeth and Residential site policies and procedures. This would include participating in the development and updating of care plans in a way that balances respect for the resident choice, optimizing health and wellbeing, safety and security.
· Participate in ongoing education programs.
· Engages in self-reflection activities to continuously improve EQ skills.
· This is for a residential site with free parking, no travel required.
Please apply online email@example.com