Date Posted: July 22, 2021
We are seeking several dynamic, passionate Personal Support Workers (PSWs), who want to be part of the transformational change in home and community care by providing care in a truly client-centered approach utilizing our organizational PSW practice framework - OCAR (Observe, Coach, Assist, Report). As a PSW you will assist the clients with their activities of daily living and provide care activities that are delegated or taught from registered or registered practical nurses. You will be part of a diverse, collaborative care team that will provide services to a roster of clients in the community with a focus on a holistic plan of care and client-centered goals addressing client’s physical, cognitive, social, emotional and spiritual needs.
There are many reasons why you will want to bring your talent to our team: We are offering a $1,500 sign on bonus!
- This is a full-time salaried role
- Candidates must have PSW Certificate.
- You will be part of a distinguished Canadian, not-for-profit organization with a century of experience
- You will experience opportunities to use many of your skills and expand your knowledge
- Ongoing opportunities for continuing education, training and professional development
- Total Rewards program which includes group benefits, and pension plan
- Education bursaries
- Extensive paid orientation and preceptorship program
- Subsidized OPSWA memberships
- Tuition Assistance Program
- WorkPerks®, which gives access to exclusive discounts from leading brand name companies and trusted local businesses.
- PSW’s will receive the $3.00 per hour for all client care hours as announced by the Government of Ontario. Please discuss with your recruiter during the interview
Qualifications accepted to work as a PSW:
- Valid Certificate as a Personal Support Worker (PSW)
- Nursing student (2 clinical placements completed)
- Home Support Level 2 or level 3 from a recognized curriculum
- Valid Developmental Support Worker Certificate
- Valid Certificate as a Health Care Aid
- Valid Certificate as a Personal Attendant
- Graduates of a Paramedic Program
- Current First Aid / CPR Certificate
- A valid drivers license and an access to a reliable vehicle
- Current immunization record (TB test completed within the past 12 months) is required upon hire
- Current vulnerable sector check screening is required upon hire
- Availability to work days or evenings and every other weekend
- A willingness to attain required SE Health certifications
- Enthusiasm and love of home community care and passion for evidence-informed practice & care excellence
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable with excellent organizational skills
- Ability to take initiative and adaptable to rapidly changing demands
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (oral and written) and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated skills working independently and in a team environment
- A demonstrated appreciation for quality improvement processes
- Basic computer skills would be an asset
- This is a physically demanding position and requires hand, arm and shoulder dexterity, sensory ability, lifting to a maximum of approximately fifty-five (55) pounds, walking, climbing stairs, standing, bending, reaching, and frequent movement.
About SE Health
SE Health is a not-for-profit social enterprise that shares its knowledge, provides the best care, and helps each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. Established in 1908 by four pioneering nurses, we have worked with purpose for more than a century to bring hope and happiness, and forever impact how people live and age at home. Today, our 8,000+ team members nationwide provide care in more places and ways than ever before, bringing health to life for over 20,000 Canadians every day. SE Health is honoured to be a three-time recipient of the Canada Order of Excellence and one of Forbes’ Best Employers for 2020.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.
Saint Elizabeth is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at HumanResources@sehc.com at your earliest convenience. You will also be briefed on the Company’s policies, including its policies regarding human rights, accommodation and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (“AODA”) during your orientation process.
Please apply online email@example.com