Date Posted: May 22, 2020
Personal Support Worker (PSW) - Facility in North York
Schedule: Part-Time Shifts ( 9am-2pm or 5pm-10pm)
Saint Elizabeth is looking for a part-time certified Personal Support Workers (PSW) who has a passion for caring for others and is able to assist clients with activities of personal care, meals, household management, and more. If you are looking for a different experience and driving forward a ‘different model of care’ for an integrated team member as a PSW. This role is for you!
- Must have a PSW Certificate and Grade 12 English equivalency.
- Valid First Aid and CPR certificate.
- At least 1-2 years of working experience with persons with dementia, preferably in a seniors living environment.
- Consideration will be given to newer graduates that demonstrate a true understanding of the relational care approach and highly developed emotional intelligence.
- Knowledge of household management skills.
- Compassionate, respectful, and sincere manner with the ability to deal with conflict in a diplomatic and professional manner.
- Self-awareness, high emotional intelligence, willingness to partner with residents, families, and onsite staff in caring for residents.
- Flexible, adaptable to changing work environment.
- Good computer skills, experience with electronic charting systems are assets.
- Good verbal and written skills.
- Ability to lift 25 kg may be required and perform lifting/bending when required to assist residents.
- Perform, enable, and assist with Personal Care.
- Activities of daily living, Laundering, Light housekeeping, Meals (full meals and snacks).
- Recreational and leisure activities.
- Perform and monitor health indicators, charting on a daily basis.
- Ensure care is delivered in a way to optimize resident choice, dignity, privacy, independence, and spirituality.
- Performs delegated tasks as per the patient's care plan and report changes in patient condition.
- Work collaboratively with nurse leaders to ensure adequate food supplies are in each kitchenette for meal and snack preparation and delivery, maintain shopping list following approved menu.
- Provide quality service according to the Care Plan, Saint Elizabeth, and facility policies and procedures. This would include participating in the development and updating of care plans in a way that balances respect for the resident choice, optimizing health and well-being, safety and security.
- Participate in ongoing education programs.
- Engages in self-reflection activities to continuously improve EQ skills.
- Assist to individualize and personalize residents care.
Saint Elizabeth is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at HumanResources@sehc.com at your earliest convenience. You will also be briefed on the Company’s policies, including its policies regarding human rights, accommodation, and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (“AODA”) during your orientation process.
SE Health (Saint Elizabeth Health Care) is a social enterprise applying our knowledge, vision, and drive to forever impact how people live and age at home, today, and into the future. As a not-for-profit organization with Canadian roots and 110 years of expertise, we bring quality excellence and innovation to home care, seniors lifestyle, and family caregiving. Through our team of 9,000 Leaders of Impact, we deliver 20,000 care exchanges daily, totaling 50 million in the last decade alone.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org