Date Posted: January 11, 2022
We are currently hiring Full-Time Personal Support Worker (PSW) to work in the Brighton & Trenton community
We are seeking several dynamic, passionate Personal Support Workers (PSWs), who want to be part of the transformational change in home and community care by providing care in a truly client-centered approach utilizing our organizational PSW practice framework - OCAR (Observe, Coach, Assist, Report). As a PSW you will assist the clients with their activities of daily living and provide care activities that are delegated or taught from registered or registered practical nurses. You will be part of a diverse, collaborative care team that will provide services to a roster of clients in the community with a focus on a holistic plan of care and client-centered goals addressing client’s physical, cognitive, social, emotional and spiritual needs.
As a Personal Support Worker (PSW), you will assist clients in the activities of personal care, household management and generalized services as per the client care plan and in conjunction with SE Health’s policies and procedures
Here are many reasons why you will want to bring your talent to our team:
- We are offering up to $19.50 (for direct client care). Candidates must have PSW Certificate.
- Paid travel time, between clients
- Mobile device provided
- You will be part of a distinguished Canadian, not-for-profit organization with a century of experience
- You will experience opportunities to use many of your skills and expand your knowledge
- Ongoing opportunities for continuing education, training and professional development
- Total Rewards program which includes group benefits, and pension plan
- Education bursaries
- Extensive paid orientation and preceptorship program
- Great social committee, with monthly events
- Subsidized OPSWA memberships
- Tuition Assistance Program
- WorkPerks®, which gives access to exclusive discounts from leading brand name companies and trusted local businesses.
PSWs will receive the $3.00 per hour for all client care hours as announced by the Government of Ontario. Please discuss with your recruiter during the interview.
Qualifications accepted to work as a PSW:
- Valid Certificate as a Personal Support Worker (PSW)
- RN or RPN
- Nursing student (2 clinical placements completed)
- Home Support Level 2 or level 3 from a recognized curriculum
- Valid Developmental Support Worker Certificate
- Foreign trained healthcare professional - Nurse or Physician
- current First Aid / CPR Certificate
- A valid driver’s license and vehicle.
- Current immunization record (TB test completed within the past 12 months) is required upon hire
- Current vulnerable sector check screening is required upon hire
- Availability to work days OR evenings including weekends
- A willingness to attain required SE Health certifications
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Effective problem-solving and conflict management skills.
- Ability to work well within a changing environment.
- A demonstrated appreciation for quality improvement processes.
- Basic computer skills would be an asset.
- This is a physically demanding position and requires hand, arm and shoulder dexterity, sensory ability, lifting to a maximum of approximately fifty-five (55) pounds, walking, climbing stairs, standing, bending, reaching, and frequent movement
About SE Health
SE Health is a not-for-profit social enterprise that shares its knowledge, provides the best care, and helps each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. Established in 1908 by four pioneering nurses, we have worked with purpose for more than a century to bring hope and happiness, and forever impact how people live and age at home. Today, our 8,000+ team members nationwide provide care in more places and ways than ever before, bringing health to life for over 20,000 Canadians every day. SE Health is honoured to be a three-time recipient of the Canada Order of Excellence and one of Forbes’ Best Employers for 2020.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at email@example.com at your earliest convenience.
Please apply online firstname.lastname@example.org