Date Posted: July 28, 2021
Personal Support Worker (PSW) - Transitional Care Facility
Hillcrest Reactivation Centre, Toronto
Looking to create a vibrant team of health care professionals to work in a new and innovative environment aimed at preparing clients to be discharged home following hospitalization. We need innovative thinkers, driven by the principle of person and family centered care to become part of this emerging area of care.
Saint Elizabeth is looking for a part time certified Personal Support Workers (PSW) who has a passion for caring for others and is able to assist client with activities of personal care, meals, household management and more. If you are looking for a different experience and driving forward a ‘different model of care’ for an integrated team member as a PSW. This role is for you!
Status: Full-Time Evenings
- Staff must be available to work all shift times, based on the centre’s needs
- Staff must be willing to work in all units of the centre
- Must have a PSW Certificate and Grade 12 English equivalency.
- A satisfactory Criminal Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector Check issued in the past 2 months.
- Valid First Aid and CPR certificate.
- At least 4-5 years working experience with persons with dementia, preferably in a seniors living environment.
- Consideration will be given to newer graduates that demonstrate a true understanding of the relational care approach and highly developed emotional intelligence.
- Knowledge of household management skills.
- Compassionate, respectful and sincere manner with ability to deal with conflict in a diplomatic and professional manner.
- Self-awareness, high emotional intelligence, willingness to partner with residents, families and onsite staff in caring for residents.
- Flexible, adaptable to changing work environment.
- Good computer skills, experience with electronic charting systems are assets.
- Ability to speak other languages, including French and Italian is an asset.
- Good verbal and written skills.
- Ability to lift 25 kg may be required and perform lifting/bending when required to assist residents.
- Perform, enable, and assist with Personal Care.
- Activities of daily living.
- Light housekeeping.
- Meals (full meals and snacks).
- Recreational and leisure activities.
- Perform and monitor health indicators, charting on a daily basis.
- Assist to individualize and personalize residents care.
- Ensure care is delivered in a way to optimize resident choice, dignity, privacy, independence and spirituality.
- Performs delegated tasks as per patient's care plan and report changes in patient condition.
- Work collaboratively with nurse leader to ensure adequate food supplies are in each kitchenette for meal and snack preparation and delivery, maintain shopping list following approved menu.
- Provide quality service according to the Care Plan, Saint Elizabeth and facility policies and procedures. This would include participating in the development and updating of care plans in a way that balances respect for the resident choice, optimizing health and well-being, safety and security.
- Participate in ongoing education programs.
- Engages in self-reflection activities to continuously improve EQ skills.
- This is for a facility without free parking, no vehicle/travel required.
About SE Health
SE Health is a not-for-profit social enterprise that shares its knowledge, provides the best care, and helps each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. Established in 1908 by four pioneering nurses, we have worked with purpose for more than a century to bring hope and happiness, and forever impact how people live and age at home. Today, our 8,000+ team members nationwide provide care in more places and ways than ever before, bringing health to life for over 20,000 Canadians every day. SE Health is honoured to be a three-time recipient of the Canada Order of Excellence and one of Forbes’ Best Employers for 2020.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by October 30, 2021. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.
Please apply online email@example.com