Date Posted: October 26, 2021
Full-time - Critical Care - Cortellucci Vaughan Health
SE Health is currently seeking Physiotherapists to work at Cortellucci Health Hospital - Vaughan across all inpatient medicine programs. Physiotherapists will provide patient management through all stages of assessment, treatment, consultation and follow-up services to patients. The successful candidate will be familiar working in a team environment and in delegating treatment to appropriately qualified therapy assistants.
As the successful candidate, you are a graduate of an accredited program in Physiotherapy and are a member in good standing of the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario. You demonstrate excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal, along with a high level of initiative and adaptability to rapidly changing demands.
- Conduct physiotherapy assessments in acute and rehab populations.
- Plan and implement patient-centered, goal-directed treatment programs.
- Provide treatment interventions in collaboration with Therapy Assistants.
- Document patient care interventions formulating goals and recommendations.
- Input and monitor workload in accordance with SE and Cortellucci Health requirements
- Make recommendations regarding discharge and liaise with inter-professional team members as required.
- Serve as a point of contact for weekend Therapy Assistants and provide re-assessment as clinically appropriate.
- Graduate of an accredited program in Physiotherapy and are a member in good standing of the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario
- Rostered, or able to be rostered, with the College of Physiotherapists for administration of an inhaled substance and suctioning
- Experience working in a medical/surgical critical care unit or acute respiratory unit preferred
- acute care experience required
- Reliable, flexible, creative, self-directed professional, able to work effectively and collaboratively with therapy assistants as well as with a high performance interdisciplinary rehabilitation team
- Recent experience in managing patients in acute/rehab or community based rehabilitation programs is required
- Experience working in an inpatient setting is required
- Sound knowledge of community resources is an asset
- Effective interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- A positive work and attendance record is essential
- Ability to adapt to new computer applications
- BCLS Certificate
- Criminal background check, Vulnerable sector check and Immunization (current)
About SE Health
SE Health is a not-for-profit social enterprise that shares its knowledge, provides the best care, and helps each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. Established in 1908 by four pioneering nurses, we have worked with purpose for more than a century to bring hope and happiness, and forever impact how people live and age at home. Today, our 8,000+ team members nationwide provide care in more places and ways than ever before, bringing health to life for over 20,000 Canadians every day. SE Health is honoured to be a three-time recipient of the Canada Order of Excellence and one of Forbes’ Best Employers for 2020.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by October 30, 2021. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at HumanResources@sehc.com at your earliest convenience.
Please apply online firstname.lastname@example.org