Date Posted: April 01, 2022
Full-Time, Part-Time and Casual opportrunities available
We are currently seeking Hand Therapist (Occupational Therapist or Physiotherapist) to work at the SE Rehab Health Clinic.. The Hand Therapy Program is affiliated with the Mackenzie Health Hospital in partnership with SE Health.
The Hand Therapy Program (clinic) provides assessment, therapy and education to individuals who have sustained an injury (trauma, repetitive strain injuries or disease/disability process) or undergone surgery to their upper extremity. The majority of the referrals are a result of being referred through and/or treated by the therapists in the plastics, fracture or minor OR clinics and referrals from the plastic and orthopedic surgeons within the hospital.
Funding streams include WSIB, MVA, Fee for Service, and other specially funded programs.
As the successful candidate, you are a graduate of an accredited program in Physiotherapy and are a member in good standing of the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario. You demonstrate excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal, along with a high level of initiative and adaptability to rapidly changing demands.
The Physiotherapist will provide patient assessment, patient centered goal oriented treatment plans, consultations, follow ups, manual therapies, therapeutic modalities, exercise prescription, and assignment to a physiotherapy assistant. In addition, the Physiotherapist will provide clinical leadership including mentorship, addressing practice and customer experience related issues, program/business development, implementation of best practices, project involvement, continuous quality improvement and quality assurance in collaboration with the clinic Operations Manager to meet the needs of the clinic.
The Physiotherapist will provide exceptional patient care, will develop meaningful and trusting relationships with patient and referring partners, and collaborate with the inter professional team.
- Graduate of an accredited program in Physiotherapy (Master degree or equivalent)
- Registered Physiotherapist and a member in good standing of the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario
- Minimum 1 year leadership/management is preferred in a clinic setting
- Demonstrate high level of initiative and adaptability to rapidly changing demands and external environments
- Recent experience in managing patients with MVA, WSIB and extended Health Benefits
- Experience working under the Statutory Accident Benefits Schedule (SABS) completing OCF 18’s, OCF 23’s, progress and discharge reports
- Familiar with HCAI submissions and FHSCO regulations
- Experience working within the new requirements for OHIP funded clients in a community physiotherapy clinic (CPC)
- Reliable, flexible, creative, self-directed professional, able to work effectively and collaboratively with rehab assistants as well as with a high performance interdisciplinary rehabilitation team
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills (written and verbal)
- A positive work and attendance record is essential
- Ability to adapt to new computer applications and documentation systems
- BLS certificate
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at HumanResources@sehc.com at your earliest convenience.
Please apply online email@example.com