Date Posted: April 13, 2022
SE Health is growing the team dedicated to amplifying our organization's impact and shaping the future of aging. Core to our impact vision is addressing the need for a greater supply and greater range of housing models for older Canadians, especially for low- and middle- income older adults.
We are seeking a Program Lead to support us in accelerating our work in this area. The Program Lead will primarily focus on SE Health’s work related to housing for older adults but as our portfolio of impact projects grows, there will be opportunities to become involved in other areas of work (e.g. strategies for reducing ageism, new approaches to care delivery and care giving, etc.).
Our hope is that the Future of Aging team and the Housing Program Lead will become a leading national voice and actor when it comes to building and operating innovative housing models that better support older Canadians to maintain their well-being and to age with dignity, independence, hope and happiness.
The Program Lead will report into the Senior Lead, Future of Aging. This role will initially be a remote position with no requirement to work from the SE Health offices. When we return to the office, a hybrid work arrangement can be achieved. For more information on our ongoing work on health, housing and aging visit the Our Work section of the SE Futures website.
The immediate responsibilities for the Program Lead are as follows.
- Advance the development of a new affordable operating model for seniors housing (SE Home) including refining the staffing model, developing a feasible and sustainable financial model, and codifying the desired tenant experience by apply human-centered design approaches.
- Identify partners with whom to collaborate to execute the SE Home model (e.g. non-profit housing providers, service/program providers, etc.)
- Engage local stakeholders (e.g. community partners, Ontario Health Teams) in the communities we hope to operate to identify opportunities for collaboration
- Oversee third party consultants supporting our housing efforts and ensure strong communication with project funders (e.g. CMHC)
- Support future funding applications and proposals development as required
- Coordinate internal approvals and processes (e.g. contracting, invoicing, etc.) and provide internal updates on project progress to SE Health leadership
- Prepare business / impact case for SE Health leadership to support decision making around resource allocation
- Stay current on trends and developments locally and internationally with regards to health, housing, and aging
- As requested, support responses to policy and planning recommendations as they relate to health, housing, and aging
- Represent SE Health in internal- and external-facing activities related to health, housing, and aging. This may include helping prepare for meetings with stakeholders, participating in speaking events, leading workshops, interviewing for media or podcasts, writing blogs or other thought pieces
- Support efforts to expand SE Health’s impact in the health, housing and aging space as our strategy develops
- Support our broader efforts to build out our portfolio of work related to the Future of Aging
- Post-secondary education is required; degree in business, health administration, business model / experience design or other health or housing related disciplines would be an asset
- Min. 5 years work experience in health, social services, affordable housing and/or seniors living sectors; operational experience would be an asset
- Strong organizational skills & ability to effectively manage multiple parallel streams of work
- Comfortable communicator and compelling presenter
- Creative and analytical problem solver
- A high level of decisiveness and business acumen (e.g. comfort with financial statement and business model design)
- Experience with stakeholder management and engagement activities (e.g. able to plan and lead/facilitate meetings and workshops)
- Ability to build trust and relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Both a thinker and a doer; experience taking a concept from design through implementation
- Passion for improving the health and well-being of older adults and experience working on projects that serve this demographic
- Guided by desire to achieve a meaningful impact and work in a mission driven organization
- Strong MS Office skills, especially PowerPoint and MS Word, and general competence with web-based computer applications; comfort with project planning and/collaboration tools would be an asset (e.g. Miro, Jam Boards, Trello, etc.)
About SE Health
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at HumanResources@sehc.com at your earliest convenience.
Please apply online firstname.lastname@example.org