Date Posted: April 11, 2022
The Project Manager-Grief and Bereavement in LTC is a 6-month full-time contract position with the SE Research Centre. In this role, the successful candidate will work to bring the Reflection Room® to Long Term Care (LTC) homes (and potentially other care settings) in the Ontario Health’s Central Region. The Reflection Room® project uses the power of storytelling and sharing experiences to engage people in thinking and talking about dying, death, and grief. The Reflection Room® has shown that a space for storytelling can be used as part of a grieving process for people, or as part of remembering, celebrating, teaching, learning, and connecting. The Central Region LTC Planning Table is interested in how the Reflection Room® can address the grief and bereavement experienced by residents, family and staff in LTC during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Activity A: Community Engagement
- Coordinating with key LTC home stakeholders to organize Reflection Room® Grief and Bereavement in LTC project kit delivery and set up across the Central Region of Ontario
- Act as key contact and support for LTC home stakeholders in relation to the Reflection Room® Grief and Bereavement in LTC project kit delivery at their location
- Coordinating the return of Reflection Room® Grief and Bereavement in LTC project evaluation materials
- Seek new opportunities and collaborations with residential care settings interested in bringing the Reflection Room® Grief and Bereavement in LTC project to their location to address COVID-19 pandemic grief and bereavement
Activity B: Resource Management
- Lead in the production, coordination and delivery of Reflection Room® Grief and Bereavement in LTC project kits, including all materials needed by LTC homes to set up and host the Reflection Room®
- Planning and scheduling activities according to project timeline, tracking expenses, and coordinating internal meetings as required with project team
- Assisting with drafting communication materials for various audiences related to the Reflection Room® grief and bereavement project in LTC
- Performing other job-related duties as assigned by project team leads
- Community engagement expertise with minimum of 5 years’ experience working with Long-Term Care or other community-based health settings
- Strong project management skills and experience working on large scale projects (e.g., 50+ stakeholders, interdisciplinary etc.)
- Demonstrated effective communication, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented, accurate, dependable and flexible.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and collaboratively in a team
- Strong knowledge and experience in the use of computer software applications, including Microsoft Office programs such as Outlook, Excel, and Word.
About SE Health:
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at HumanResources@sehc.com at your earliest convenience.
Please apply online email@example.com