Date Posted: March 09, 2023
The Project Specialist (intern) provides support to SE Global projects in the areas of market research, partnership development, communication, business planning, program design and implementation/ evaluation activities. At the beginning of each internship term, the intern will be assigned to specific projects and the scope of engagement will be determined based on the intern’s learning plan and the status of the assigned project(s). If you are excited about paving into new markets and developing innovative solutions to address challenging problems, join the SE Global team at SE Health.
The Project Specialist will work closely with both internal and external stakeholders and partners to research and identify business opportunities in the healthcare sector with a specific interest in solutions for the aging population and in the home and community care sector. You will have opportunities to gain deep insights into the translation of SE Health intelligence into new markets as well as develop critical capacities that can be shared with SE Health teams.
You will have the opportunity to work on and support our team with a range of exciting projects. Responsibilities will be matched with assigned projects (the following are some examples):
- Work with SE Global internal and external partners to critically analyze specific project progress, strengths and barriers, as well as make recommendations to position the project(s) for success
- Assist development and execution of establishing new global partnerships, collaboration, and exploration, in addition to managing existing relationships
- Conduct literature reviews, promote SE materials and capabilities in the global market, and develop communication material (such as blog posts)
- Support planning and execution of in-person and virtual events and pilot testing framework for new projects
- Assist with the development, planning and execution of marketing promotional material, frameworks, and communication/networking strategies
- Explore, analyze, and update market opportunities in new markets, along with recommendations
- Examine projects and alignment with changing global environment and long-term strategy for SE Global. Make recommendations as appropriate for strengthening or adjusting the strategy
- Support the business activities associated with global ventures, including the establishment of agreements, governance structures, facilitation of working groups, establishing operational procedures, grant applications, and fundraising initiatives
- Year 1 or 2 in post-graduate studies in the areas of business, innovation, health administration, health promotion, public health or related program, international studies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in both English
- Additional language fluency is an asset (Mandarin, Arabic, French)
- Must be available for a 3-month or 12-week term
- Self-motivated, ability to take direction and work independently, and work well in a hybrid team environment
- Healthcare experience/knowledge is considered a strong asset
- Passionate to learn, help, and make a change in the healthcare industry through innovation
- Strong interest in working in new markets
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We are an inclusive workplace offering competitive pay, benefits, pension, and work life balance. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact the Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.