Date Posted: November 19, 2021
Reporting to the Recreation Manager and/or designate the Recreation Aide assists in the planning, implementing and evaluation of recreation and leisure programs to meet the physical, social, emotional, intellectual, spiritual and cultural needs and interests of the residents.
Include but not limited to;
- Carries out established recreation and leisure programs.
- Works with the Recreation Manager and residents to develop innovative recreation and leisure programs.
- Coordinates opportunities for residents to be as fully involved and independently responsible as possible.
- Assists, encourages and motivates residents to participate in programs.
- Assists residents to, during, and from programs as necessary.
- Ensures residents’ rights are maintained.
- Ensures recreation equipment and supplies are used, maintained and stored in a safe, clean and efficient manner. Reports unsafe or faulty equipment to manager.
- Actively participates in continuous quality improvement programs, meetings, committees and educational in-services as required.
- Promotes and publicizes programs and special events.
- Maintains appropriate documentation as per policy and procedures, confidentiality and security.
- Encourages residents to be volunteers in their own community.
- Involvement with welcoming admission / orientation of new residents.
- Maintains a current knowledge of Administrative and emergency policies and procedures and participates in fire evacuations drills.
- Performs other related duties to ensure quality holistic resident service.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate programs and organize recreational activities.
- Required to have up-to-date immunizations
- Current Basic CPR qualifications.
- Asset to have Current class 4 Alberta Driver’s License but not mandatory.
- All successful applicants must pass the vulnerable sector Criminal Record Check applicable to Provincial guidelines.
Skills and Abilities:
- Good physical and emotional health with capabilities that is compatible with walking, stooping, bending, lifting heavy objects and pushing heavy carts. Must be free from any allergies or related conditions that may be aggravated by working with pets.
- Ability to communicate and establish harmonious relationships with residents, families, volunteers, and visitors of the facility.
- Excellent written and oral English skills
Internal applicants please apply by November 26th
About SE Health
SE Health is a not-for-profit social enterprise that shares its knowledge, provides the best care, and helps each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. Established in 1908 by four pioneering nurses, we have worked with purpose for more than a century to bring hope and happiness, and forever impact how people live and age at home. Today, our 8,000+ team members nationwide provide care in more places and ways than ever before, bringing health to life for over 20,000 Canadians every day. SE Health is honoured to be a three-time recipient of the Canada Order of Excellence and one of Forbes’ Best Employers for 2020.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at HumanResources@sehc.com at your earliest convenience.
Please apply online firstname.lastname@example.org