Date Posted: March 13, 2023
The Bow River Seniors Lodge is a 60 unit Supported Living facility in Canmore, Alberta: 30 units SL4 and 30 units SL4D. SE Health (SE) will be providing care management services and Bow Valley Regional Housing (BVRH) will be providing hospitality and accommodations services.
We provide care and independence to our residents, using a client- and family-centered approach that incorporates the most current research into practice. When you choose to join SE Health, you become part of a diverse and collaborative care team where you’ll apply your skills – and your heart – to provide services that support our residents to live and age well. You’ll make a difference in their lives, and they’ll make a difference in yours! This position is for our facility in Canmore.
Status: Permanent, Casual
Include but not limited to:
- Carries out established recreation and leisure programs
- Works with the Recreational Therapist and residents to develop innovative recreation and leisure programs
- Coordinates opportunities for residents to be as fully involved and independently responsible as possible
- Assists, encourages and motivates residents to participate in programs
- Assists residents to, during, and from programs as necessary.
- Ensures residents’ rights are maintained
- Ensures recreation equipment and supplies are used, maintained and stored in a safe, clean and efficient manner. Reports unsafe or faulty equipment to manager
- Actively participates in continuous quality improvement programs, meetings, committees and educational in-services as required
- Promotes and publicizes programs and special events
- Maintains appropriate documentation as per policy and procedures, confidentiality and security.
- Encourages residents to be volunteers in their own community
- Involvement with welcoming admission / orientation of new residents
- Maintains a current knowledge of Administrative and emergency policies and procedures and participates in fire evacuations drills
- Performs other related duties to ensure quality holistic resident service
There are many reasons why you will want to bring your talent to our team:
- Competitive Compensation. Our Total Rewards package includes a competitive salary, group benefits, RRSP pension, and exclusive perks/discounts available only to SE Health staff
- Develop yourself with SE. We have education bursaries, Tuition Assistance Programs, continuing education, training, and professional development to support your life-long learning
- Grow your career. SE health is a large national organization with diverse healthcare business lines. You’ll have an opportunity – and will be supported – to do different types of patient-facing nursing roles in different locations if that is what you’re interested in. Or you can pivot to supporting or leadership positions where you use your nursing skills as a foundation to contribute and make an impact in different ways
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Grade 12 Diploma
- Certificate in Recreation/Leisure studies.
- At least 1 year recent related experience (seniors living, group leadership, music, arts and crafts and fitness)
- Demonstrated ability to initiate programs and organize recreational activities.
- Up-to-date immunizations.
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR Level C
- Clear Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check
- Ability to lift up to 25 kilograms and frequent movement and bending
- Must be free from any allergies or related conditions that may be aggravated by working with pets
- Ability to communicate and establish harmonious relationships with residents, families, volunteers, and visitors of the facility.
- Excellent written and oral English skills
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision
- A vehicle and a valid driver’s license is an asset
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We are an inclusive workplace offering competitive pay, benefits, pension, and work life balance. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact the Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.
Please apply online email@example.com