Date Posted: April 22, 2022
Under the direction of the Director of Care, the Registered Nurse (RN) will use evidence-informed nursing knowledge, skill and judgment to provide integrated and holistic nursing care. Within the scope of practice appropriate to an RN, they will meet the physical, safety, emotional and spiritual needs of clients and their families.
- Assists in clients admissions to the facility including conducting a health interview and physical assessment
- Ensure resident care is provided with established nursing standards and principles, physicians’ orders and administrative policies, as well as, observe, report and record vital signs, symptoms and conditions of residents. Assure observance of required techniques in nursing care.
- Assist in assessing residents and develop, implement, review and evaluate resident care plans. Monitor residents’ health, notes changes in condition and assess need for referral to doctors; processes and implement physicians’ orders.
- Ensure resident care is delivered in a way that maintains resident dignity, privacy, and acknowledges independence, spirituality, and individuality as per the Eden Philosophy framework.
- Focuses care on identified health needs and promotes quality client care through ongoing assessment and evaluation of client and family responses to care
- Consults with Clinical Educator, or AHS, Physicians regarding new clinical problems, unforeseen needs or when care plan is not achieving expected outcomes
- Establishes and maintains a nurse-client therapeutic relationship that reflects knowledge of the boundary and ethical issues unique to community nursing and seeks support for problem-solving
- Provides client information and acts as liaison between client and other members of the multidisciplinary health care team to promote optimal client care and outcomes
- Integrates health education and teaching into all aspects of care to promote client and family health and independence
- Acts as a client advocate to promote the well-being of the client and family-Identifies and reports quality and risk issues to management
- Demonstrates knowledge of and follows the organization’s clinical policies and procedures and medical directives.
- Demonstrates knowledge and follows all relevant College of Nurses of Alberta Standards of Practice
- Acts as preceptor to students and/or new staff nurses
- Proactively identifies, promotes and seeks to improve client and staff safety as part of their everyday work
- Oversees and participates in resident move ins, move outs/transfer of residents as needed
- Completes and maintains clear and accurate documentation related to client care, adhering to confidentiality and privacy legislation, contract standards, and the documentation standards of the
- Using appropriate communication tools- demonstrates professional communication at all times with internal and external stakeholders
- Assumes the role of team lead within the nursing and multidisciplinary team, enhances client care by working in partnership with, and effectively supporting the Licensed Practical Nurse, HealthCare Aides, or others through outreach, clinical discussion, collaborative care planning and teaching and delegation of client care
- Participates in internal and external meetings regarding nursing practice and client care
- Responds to individual client and family needs
- Reports identified incidents and shares client care issues and concerns to the manager in a timely and comprehensive manner
- Advocates for health care partners and residents
- Assists physicians on rounds as required
- Schedules client care needs for all health care partners
- Schedules HCA Care Partners as required (e.g. sick calls).
- Evaluates the need for and fulfills ad-hoc staffing requirements
- Performs chart audits
- Monitors all tracking tools to ensure are partners are in compliance; follows up on staff discrepancies
- Attends care conferences and communicates resident concerns to appropriate Manager
- Reports incidents to Wellness Manager/General Manager/AHS afterhours as appropriate
- Ensures all services are provided in the most efficient manner, considering effective use of time and quality care to client
- Works within the defined nursing care delivery model, including providing a schedule of availability and working with team members and the manager to ensure adequate nursing availability to meet client care needs
- Records and processes data appropriately, accurately and completely
- Submits client records, documentation and billing records accurately and within required timeframe
- All other reasonable duties as assigned
There are many reasons why you will want to bring your talent to our team:
- Competitive Compensation. Our Total Rewards package includes a competitive salary, group benefits, RRSP pension, and exclusive perks/discounts available only to SE Health staff
- Develop yourself with SE. We have education bursaries, Tuition Assistance Programs, continuing education, training, and professional development to support your life-long learning
- Grow your career. SE health is a large national organization with diverse healthcare business lines. You’ll have an opportunity – and will be supported – to do different types of patient-facing nursing roles in different locations if that is what you’re interested in. Or you can pivot to supporting or leadership positions where you use your nursing skills as a foundation to contribute and make an impact in different ways.
- Valid First Aid and CPR certificates.
- Current RN Certificate registered with the CARNA in good standing.
- Recent experience working with the elderly or disabled persons, preferably in a supportive living environment.
- Updated immunization record including COVID
- A satisfactory Criminal Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector Check issued in the past 60 days is required
- Palliative care experience is an asset.
- Experience leading others with strong collaboration skills.
- Demonstrate a compassionate, respectful and sincere manner, with the ability to deal with conflict in a diplomatic and professional manner (strong conflict management skills).
- Strong oral and written communication skills (other language skills an asset).
- Flexible and adaptable to a changing work environment.
- Good computer skills.
About SE Health
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at HumanResources@sehc.com at your earliest convenience.
Please apply online: Melissagouthro@sehc.com