Date Posted: March 14, 2023
We are hiring a Full Time Days Registered Nurse (Registered Nurse)!
Position is a Community and School Shift Nursing Combined Position in Scarborough
Work days are Monday - Friday, no weekends required.
This Nursing position is part of the Community Commitment Program for Nurses (CCPN) which provides a $25,000 incentive to eligible nurses in exchange for a 24-month commitment to an eligible employer
We are seeking a dynamic, passionate Registered Nurse (RN), who wants to be part of the transformational change in home and community care by providing care in a truly client-centered approach. You will have opportunities to provide point of care leadership as the primary provider for client populations of whom you are accountable for. A team consisting of your Nurse Manager, Clinical Educator, Virtual Clinical Support team and Peers, will help to support you until you are ready to take on a diverse compliment of clients. You will use evidence-informed nursing knowledge, skill, and judgment and work in optimal RN scope of practice to provide holistic nursing care to meet the physical, safety, emotional, and spiritual needs of clients and their families in their homes and communities.
There are many reasons why you will want to bring your talent to our team:
- As a Nurse you will be part of a distinguished Canadian, not-for-profit organization with a century of experience
- As a Nurse you will experience opportunities to use many of your skills and expand your knowledge
- Ongoing opportunities for continuing education, training and professional development
- Total Rewards program which includes group benefits, and pension plan
- Education bursaries
- Extensive paid orientation and preceptorship program
- Subsidized RNAO/RPNAO memberships
- Tuition Assistance Program.
- Work Perks®, which gives access to exclusive discounts from leading brand name companies and trusted local businesses.
- Current Certificate of Competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Availability to work days, evenings, nights and every other weekend.
- Updated immunization records, clear criminal background check, and Vulnerable sector check are required upon hire.
- A willingness to attain required SE Health certifications.
- Strong computer skills in MS Word, MS Excel, Email, etc.
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Effective problem-solving and conflict management skills.
- Works well in a changing environment.
- A demonstrated appreciation for Quality Improvement processes.
- A current CPR certificate is required.
- This is a physically demanding position and requires sitting, standing, walking, bending, kneeling/squatting, reaching chest and waist level (i.e. shoulder flexion), and numerous hand grips of varying forces
To be eligible for the $25,000 incentive, as part of the Community Commitment Program for Nurses (CCPN) a nurse must:
Not have been employed as a nurse in Ontario in the six months prior to being hired;
Hold a Certificate of Registration in good standing from the College of Nurses of Ontario;
Begin employment no later than March 31, 2024
Commit to 24-months of employment at a full-time work schedule offered by the employer; and
Not simultaneously receive funds from the Ministry of Health for the Tuition Support Program for Nurses.
About SE Health
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We are an inclusive workplace offering competitive pay, benefits, pension, and work life balance. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose.
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact the Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com at your earliest convenience.
Please apply online firstname.lastname@example.org