Date Posted: June 23, 2022
We’re Growing in Your Community!
Join SE Health as a Registered Nurse (RN) in one of the following Alberta Cities:
Calgary (and surrounding), Edmonton (and surrounding), Red Deer, Wetaskiwin, Fort Saskatchewan, Cochrane, Lethbridge, and Medicine Hat
SE Health nurses are the best of the best. When you join our team, you will also be part of a diverse and collaborative care team that will provide services to a roster of clients in the community. You will use evidence-informed nursing knowledge, skill, and judgment and work in optimal RN scope of practice to provide holistic nursing care to meet the physical, safety, emotional, and spiritual needs of clients and their families in their homes and communities. When you choose to join SE Health, you’ll apply your skills – and your heart – to provide nursing services to clients in your community. You’ll make a difference in their lives, and they’ll make a difference in yours!
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
We anticipate significant expansion of the care and services we provide in Alberta in the months ahead and are looking for amazing people to join us in improving the lives of Albertans as they live and age at home! Interested in hearing more? Send us a note at JoinSEAlberta@sehc.com and one of our leaders or talent seekers will get back to you to discuss the opportunity.
Why join SE Health?
- Develop yourself with SE. We have education bursaries, Tuition Assistance Programs, continuing education, training, and professional development to support your life-long learning. You’ll benefit from our orientation, mentorship, and coaching programs. And our clinical practice teams will support you to practice to full scope, to integrate the most current evidence into your practice, and are fully available to you 24x7 to support you in delivering the best possible care to your patients.
- Grow your career. SE health is a large national organization with diverse healthcare business lines. You’ll have an opportunity – and will be supported – to do different types of patient-facing nursing roles in different locations if that is what you’re interested in. Or you can pivot to supporting or leadership positions where you use your nursing skills to contribute and make an impact in different ways.
- Flexibility and Support. At SE, you’ll have the flexibility to manage your schedule to balance your life. You’ll be supported with the time you need to provide the best care possible to your patients, to develop yourself, and to be part of a team.
- Competitive Compensation. Our Total Rewards package includes a competitive salary, group benefits, RRSP pension, and exclusive perks/discounts available only to SE Health staff.
- Subsidized CRNA memberships.
- Complete comprehensive client assessments, develop care plans, implement, and evaluate care based on best evidence/practices and on client’s unique needs
- When designated as a primary provider for a client caseload, you will be the point of care lead accountable for their care while working in collaboration with other care team members and the support functions.
- Support the client through care transitions by collaborating and connecting the client with community support services in their local community.
- Current registration with the College of Registered Nurses of Alberta
- Enthusiasm and love of community care and passion for evidence-informed practice & excellence in care
- Gerontology competencies preferred
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable with excellent organizational skills
- Ability to take initiative and adaptable to rapidly changing demands
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (oral and written) and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated skills working independently and in a team environment
- A current CPR certificate is required
- Updated immunization records, clear criminal background check, and Vulnerable sector check are required upon hire.
- This is a physically demanding position and requires hand, arm and shoulder dexterity, sensory ability, lifting to a maximum of approximately fifty-five (55) pounds, walking, climbing stairs, standing, bending, reaching, and frequent movement
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose,
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at JoinSEAlberta@sehc.com at your earliest convenience.