Date Posted: October 26, 2021
Hiring Full time and Part time Registered Practical Nurses (RPNs) to work as Personal Support Workers (PSWs) in the Essex, LaSalle, South Windsor, Harrow and Amhertsburg areas for 5 pm to 10 pm or 2 pm to 10 pm, 7 am-3pm, 8 am-4 pm
We offer a $2500 sign on bonus!
We are seeking several dynamic, passionate Registered Practical Nurses to work as Personal Support Workers (PSWs), who want to be part of the transformational change in home and community care by providing care in a truly client-centered approach utilizing our organizational PSW practice framework - OCAR (Observe, Coach, Assist, Report). As an RPN you will assist the clients with their activities of daily living and provide care activities that are delegated or taught from registered or registered practical nurses. You will be part of a diverse, collaborative care team that will provide services to a roster of clients in the community with a focus on a holistic plan of care and client-centered goals addressing client’s physical, cognitive, social, emotional and spiritual needs.
As an RPN, you will assist clients in the activities of personal care, household management and generalized services as per the client care plan and in conjunction with SE Health’s policies and procedures
There are many reasons why you will want to bring your talent to our team:
- You will be part of a distinguished Canadian, not-for-profit organization with a century of experience
- You will experience opportunities to use many of your skills and expand your knowledge
- Ongoing opportunities for continuing education, training and professional development
- Total Rewards program which includes group benefits, and pension plan
- Education bursaries
- Extensive paid orientation and preceptorship program
- Subsidized OPSWA memberships
- Tuition Assistance Program
- WorkPerks®, which gives access to exclusive discounts from leading brand name companies and trusted local businesses.
- You will receive an additional premium of $1.00 per hour for all client care visit from 6 pm
- PSW’s will receive the $3.00 per hour for all client care hours as announced by the Government of Ontario until March 31st. Please discuss with your recruiter during the interview.
Qualifications accepted to work as a PSW:
- Candidates must have PSW Certificate or Nursing Diploma/certificate
- Nursing students who have completed 2 clinical rotations.
- Home Support Level 2 or level 3 from a recognized curriculum
- \Valid Certificate as a Health Care Aid
- Current First Aid / CPR Certificate
- Current immunization record (TB test completed within the past 12 months) is required upon hire
- Current vulnerable sector check screening is required upon hire
- Availability to work afternoons or evenings (5 pm to 10 pm or 2 pm to 10 pm) including weekends
- A willingness to attain required SE Health certifications
- Enthusiasm and love of home community care and passion for evidence-informed practice & care excellence
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable with excellent organizational skills
- Ability to take initiative and adaptable to rapidly changing demands
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (oral and written) and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated skills working independently and in a team environment
- A demonstrated appreciation for quality improvement processes
- Basic computer skills would be an asset
- This is a physically demanding position and requires hand, arm and shoulder dexterity, sensory ability, lifting to a maximum of approximately fifty-five (55) pounds, walking, climbing stairs, standing, bending, reaching, and frequent movement.
SE Health is a not-for-profit social enterprise that shares its knowledge, provides the best care, and helps each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. Established in 1908 by four pioneering nurses, we have worked with purpose for more than a century to bring hope and happiness, and forever impact how people live and age at home. Today, our 8,000+ team members nationwide provide care in more places and ways than ever before, bringing health to life for over 20,000 Canadians every day. SE Health is honoured to be a three-time recipient of the Canada Order of Excellence and one of Forbes’ Best Employers for 2020.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose.
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.
Please apply online email@example.com