Date Posted: November 22, 2021
We are very excited to launch our new nursing compensation model in Scarborough
Hiring Full-time and Part-time Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) to work in Scarborough as part of our new Pay Per Visit Model
Eligible to receive upto to $1000.00 Sign on Bonus
We are seeking several dynamic, passionate Registered Practical Nurses (RPNs), who want to be part of the transformational change in home and community care by providing care in a truly client-centered approach. You will be part of a diverse and collaborative care team that will provide services to a roster of clients in the community. You will use evidence-informed nursing knowledge, skill, and judgment and work within the RPN scope of practice to provide holistic nursing care to meet the physical, safety, emotional, and spiritual needs of clients and their families in their homes and communities.
What is Pay Per Visit?
- A competitive rate that is paid per client visit, rather than care code or care time
- For longer visits or extra visits (excess of 1hr 59 min), you will be paid an additional visit
- This model allows you to work ahead in your day but also take the time you need, as you see fit
- This model relies on you using your professional judgment for client care
There are many reasons why you will want to bring your talent to our team:
- As a Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) you will be part of a distinguished Canadian, not-for-profit organization with a century of experience
- Ongoing opportunities for continuing education, education bursaries, training and professional development
- Total Rewards program which includes group benefits, and pension plan
- Extensive paid orientation and preceptorship program
- Subsidized RPNAO memberships
- Tuition Assistance Program.
- Work Perks®, which gives access to exclusive discounts from leading brand name companies and trusted local businesses.
- Current Certificate of Competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Availability to work days, evenings, nights, on-call and every other weekend.
- A valid driver’s license and vehicle (travel required).
- Updated immunization records, CPR certificate, clear criminal background check, and Vulnerable sector check are required upon hire.
- A willingness to attain required SE Health certifications.
- Strong computer skills in MS Word, MS Excel, Email, etc.
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and organizational skills.
- Effective problem-solving and conflict management skills.
- Works well in a changing environment.
- A demonstrated appreciation for Quality Improvement processes.
- This is a physically demanding position and requires sitting, standing, walking, bending, kneeling/squatting, reaching chest and waist level (i.e. shoulder flexion), and numerous hand grips of varying forces.
About SE Health
SE Health is a not-for-profit social enterprise that shares its knowledge, provides the best care, and helps each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. Established in 1908 by four pioneering nurses, we have worked with purpose for more than a century to bring hope and happiness, and forever impact how people live and age at home. Today, our 8,000+ team members nationwide provide care in more places and ways than ever before, bringing health to life for over 20,000 Canadians every day. SE Health is honoured to be a three-time recipient of the Canada Order of Excellence and one of Forbes’ Best Employers for 2020.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at HumanResources@sehc.com at your earliest convenience.
Please apply online CatherineMithun@sehc.com