Date Posted: October 06, 2021
Registered Practical Nurse
Hillcrest Reactivation Centre, Toronto
Status: Part Time (Evening or Night Shift)
- Provide nursing care to residents according to the College of Nursing Standards using the nursing process.
- Work collaboratively and provide leadership to unregulated care providers for the delivery of quality care and ensure client safety. Assist in the monitoring of non-regulated care partners assigned to carry out the care plan, including supervising, teaching delegated tasks, coaching, and supporting
- Ensure that client t care is delivered in a way that maintains resident dignity, privacy, and promotes the independence
- Actively participates in team/family meetings and collaborates effectively with the interdisciplinary team to ensure optimal outcomes for clients and families.
- Engage in training/learning opportunities as required.
- Current registration with CNO in good standing.
- Open to new grads
- Experience working with a geriatric population
- Flexibility to work evenings, days, or nights and every other weekend based on schedule line and/or operational needs
- Excellent organizational skills and time management skills
- Effective problem-solving and conflict management skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills (other language skills an asset)
- Works well in a changing environment
- Mental health experience is an asset
- GPA Certification is an asset
- Good understanding of MS office applications
- A satisfactory Criminal Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector Check
- Valid First Aid and CPR certificate
About SE Health
SE Health is a not-for-profit social enterprise that shares its knowledge, provides the best care, and helps each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. Established in 1908 by four pioneering nurses, we have worked with purpose for more than a century to bring hope and happiness, and forever impact how people live and age at home. Today, our 8,000+ team members nationwide provide care in more places and ways than ever before, bringing health to life for over 20,000 Canadians every day. SE Health is honoured to be a three-time recipient of the Canada Order of Excellence and one of Forbes’ Best Employers for 2020.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by October 30, 2021. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.
Please apply online email@example.com