Date Posted: July 27, 2022
SE Health is hiring Casual Registered Practical Nurses (RPNs) - Journey Home Hospice
Toronto shelters are often unable to provide planned palliative care deaths in their facilities and homeless individuals are likely to lack the family and social support networks that assist in providing care in the community. As a result, these individuals are dying on the street and in hospitals. Through the partnership with Hospice Toronto & Inner City Health Associates we now have a 10 bed cluster of residential hospice beds.
Here are many reasons why you will want to bring your talent to our team:
- Competitive Compensation. Our Total Rewards package includes a competitive salary, group benefits, RRSP pension, and exclusive perks/discounts available only to SE Health staff
- Develop yourself with SE. We have education bursaries, Tuition Assistance Programs, continuing education, training, and professional development to support your life-long learning
- Grow your career. SE health is a large national organization with diverse healthcare business lines. You’ll have an opportunity – and will be supported – to do different types of patient-facing nursing roles in different locations if that is what you’re interested in. Or you can pivot to supporting or leadership positions where you use your nursing skills as a foundation to contribute and make an impact in different ways.
- Subsidized RPNAO memberships
- Current Certificate of Competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Registered Practial Nurse (RPN)
- LEAP Certificate Required / Willing to complete LEAP Certificate within 6 months of hire
- Minimum 1 year Hospice Palliative care experience and ongoing continuing education is preferred
- Experience working with vulnerable populations
- Mental Health Nursing Certification or equivalent training preferred
- 1 year Mental Health experience and ongoing continuing education is an asset
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and excellent organizational skills
- Able to work independently as well as part of an integrated health care team (PSWs, RN, Physician, Nurses, Hospices Volunteers)
- Effective problem-solving and conflict management skills
- Works well in a changing environment with an appreciation for continuous quality improvement processes
- A current First Aid and CPR certificate is required
- Availability to work 12 hour shifts
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at HumanResources@sehc.com at your earliest convenience.
Please apply online email@example.com