Date Posted: July 19, 2019
About Saint Elizabeth
SE Health (previously Saint Elizabeth Health Care) is a Social Enterprise applying our knowledge, vision and drive to forever impact how people live and age at home. With Canadian roots and 110 years of expertise, SE Health is a not-for-profit charitable organization delivering quality care, innovative solutions and education to people where and when they need it. Through our team of 9,000 Leaders of Impact, we deliver 20,000 care exchanges daily, totaling 50 million in the last decade alone. In 2019 we were honoured to be recognized by Forbes as one of Canada's Best Employers.
We are currently hiring Registered Practical Nurses
You will use evidence-informed nursing knowledge, skill and judgement and work within the RPN scope of practice to provide holistic nursing care to meet the physical, safety, emotional and spiritual needs of clients and their families in their homes and communities.
There are many reasons why you will want to bring your talent to our team: $1500 Sign on Bonus!
- As an RPN you will be part of a distinguished Canadian, not-for-profit organization with a century of experience
- As an RPN you will experience opportunities to use many of your skills and expand your knowledge
- Ongoing opportunities for continuing education, training and professional development
- Total Rewards program which includes group benefits, and pension plan
- Education bursaries
- Extensive paid orientation and preceptorship program
- Subsidized RPNAO memberships
- Tuition Assistance Program
- WorkPerks®, which gives access to exclusive discounts from leading brand name companies and trusted local businesses.
- Availability to work days, evenings and every other weekend
- A willingness to attain required Saint Elizabeth certifications.
- Strong computer skills in MS Word, MS Excel, Email etc.
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Effective problem-solving and conflict management skills.
- Works well in a changing environment.
- A demonstrated appreciation for Quality Improvement processes.
- Current Certificate of Competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- A current CPR certificate is required.
- A valid driver’s license and vehicle.
- This is a physically demanding position and requires sitting, standing, walking, bending, kneeling/squatting, reaching at chest and waist level (i.e. shoulder flexion) and numerous hand grips of varying forces.
Saint Elizabeth is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at your earliest convenience. You will also be briefed on the Company’s policies, including its policies regarding human rights, accommodation and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (“AODA”) during your orientation process.