Date Posted: February 12, 2020
Hiring a Part-time Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) for our Richmond Hill -Clinic
About SE Health:
SE Health (Saint Elizabeth Health Care) is a social enterprise applying our knowledge, vision and drive to forever impact how people live and age at home, today and into the future. As a not-for-profit organization with Canadian roots and 110 years of expertise, we bring quality excellence and innovation to home care, senior’s lifestyle and family caregiving. Through our team of 9,000 Leaders of Impact, we deliver 20,000 care exchanges daily, totaling 50 million in the last decade alone. In 2019 we were honored to be rec ognized by Forbes as one of Canada's Best Employers.
We have an immediate part-time Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) opening for a community alternative care clinic in Richmond Hill. This setting allows for enhanced utilization of community resources, teamwork, and partnering while supporting individuals to achieve their optimal level of health and independence. Working in this clinic setting you will schedule client visits and provide treatment according to client service plans. Treatment provided includes basic and advanced wound care, injections, ostomy care, IV infusions, and related nursing treatments. You will work with electronic information management systems to facilitate daily operations.
- Must be available to work flexible hours
- Advanced wound care and compression bandaging experience
- Experience in IV insertion and IV therapy
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- A broad skillset and competency in medical/surgical procedures
- Effective problem-solving and conflict management skills
- Prior clinic experience would be an asset
- Working knowledge of Quality Improvement processes
- Current Certificate of Competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Valid Drivers license and vehicle
- A current CPR certificate
- A demonstrated proficiency in basic computer skills
This is a physically demanding position and requires sitting, standing, walking, bending, kneeling/squatting, reaching chest and waist level (i.e. shoulder flexion) and numerous hand grips of varying forces.
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at HumanResources@sehc.com at your earliest convenience.
For more information please email:firstname.lastname@example.org